Tape Deck Won't Reset - Help Please

Paddy78

So I tried the iPhone / Aux hack today. Everything seemed to go Ok, but after reinstalling and trying the reset procedure several times, I still can't get the deck to reset.

I followed the guide to the letter, except I removed the power to the tape motors. Could this be a possible issue? Is there anything else I can try that might work?

Thanks

Well I guess that's what I get for trying to be clever! :doh:

I'll have to take it back out tomorrow and reattach the power.

I don't know for sure as I never had a Bose long enough to do anything to it, but I haven't seen anyone else have this problem, most have said the guide is really good so yeah maybe a case of you being a bit too inventive :lol:

Ha ha, yeah... Should have just followed the instructions!

I'd read about the tape motor being annoying, so thought it would be a simple fix just to disable these. I'll sort it tomorrow and report back.

I think you need to push the tape carrier down, use a pen to push it down, insert pen into tape slot, in the centre and push it into the lever that lowers the tape carrier, you should have sounds via the aux you installed. ;)

Turns out, not deviating from tried and tested instructions is the way forward! :blush:

Soldered the wires back on the motors and the deck reset immediately. I now have iPod in my Zed and the sound quality is really good! :thumbs: