Oil Pressure Gauge Pegged out.

rodgeevans

I noticed on my drive home my oil pressure gauge has started reading over the max as soon as the ignition is switched on it never fluctuates until i turn it off. i have checked for leaks and checked the oil leve but from what i have read it is either the gauge, sender or oil pump is there anyway to test which one has failed without having to replace them one by one.

Thanks as always im sure i got a pressure tester somewhere in garage, but will use this as an excuse to change the triple gauges to uk spec ones whilst it not working so on the look out for a new sender unit then.

UK triple gauges and oil pressure sender units in stock :thumbs:

Alex :)

Yes they do, having said that though the speed in the triple clusters on yours should already read in mph but just displays kmh still even though it is mph. everything else is as said, and i have been informed many times changing them will give you mpg rather than km/l etc, also i believe it will give you a clock also but i may be wrong on that one

yeah it is worth it your right i dont like the km/l everyone always asks what you get in that and im like havent a clue. You can get a bigger number just my having a lighter right foot, mines 9.2km/l and thats mainly town and country roads although traffic lights are a big killer of the figure.