Noob Question on fitments/offset

agentsmith350

I actually got the price wrong those other miesters were £450 not £650

They are also the 2 piece Meisters, not the considerably more desirable 3 piece (proper split rims) :thumbs:

That said, £450 is pretty cheap, youd probably be able to punt them on for something approaching that :)

I actually got the price wrong those other miesters were £450 not £650

They are also the 2 piece Meisters, not the considerably more desirable 3 piece (proper split rims) :thumbs:

That said, £450 is pretty cheap, youd probably be able to punt them on for something approaching that :)

having seen the dish on the ones you linked the £450 ones are looking less attractive :lol: , also the realisation that i would probably be stuck with odd rims for a hell of a long time is putting me off, gutted the gold ones wouldnt fit they were exactly what i was after.

et40 is a very very weak offset lol. I do love the SP1's though.

Such an annoyance that proper wheels are so insanely expensive.

Im not a member of SXOC so couldnt see the wheels linked, but i did read that they are 12" wide. Which makes me want to see them haha

ooh they are nice arent they and that is a nice S14, well i have an arch roller....just not 2k spare for awesome JDM man wheels *cries*

It has a Procharged LS2 in it as well, running a tickle over 650HP and a bit more torque. Ive driven it, I imagine riding a sidewinder missile like a horse is probably slightly less exilhirating and scary experience. :bangin:

Would a roll actually make 12's fit or still need pulled ? Using the online calc says id have 16mm less clearence inside so would need 20mm spacers or something pushing the wheel out even more :scare:

You are assuming you dont have 16mm of clearance already there though, you probably do. :)

No man can 100% categorically say what will fit and what wont, I can give you advice based on personal experience but things like tyre wall profile, suspension camber, degree of loweredness (new word, woo!) can all make a difference. Examples though:

18x12 ET0 with 275/35 tyre, running 3.25 degs camber:

1324189507.jpg

18x11 ET 0 with 245/40 tyre, standard camber:

1299256067.jpg

18x10 ET -13 with a 275/35, standard camber and arches almost certainly only rolled:

1269838797.jpg

Back on the first page youve got mine as well, 10J ET15 with 255/35 tyre IIRC, standard camber, no archwork at all. :)

All depends on your definition of awesome... I think the Zeds in those pictures looks pretty much undriveable which isn't really very awesome...

Ive got one that looks like that too and for me it handles nearly as well as it did on standard Rays, its certainly not undriveable :)

Would a roll actually make 12's fit or still need pulled ? Using the online calc says id have 16mm less clearence inside so would need 20mm spacers or something pushing the wheel out even more :scare:

You are assuming you dont have 16mm of clearance already there though, you probably do. :)

No man can 100% categorically say what will fit and what wont, I can give you advice based on personal experience but things like tyre wall profile, suspension camber, degree of loweredness (new word, woo!) can all make a difference. Examples though:

18x12 ET0 with 275/35 tyre, running 3.25 degs camber:

1324189507.jpg

18x11 ET 0 with 245/40 tyre, standard camber:

1299256067.jpg

18x10 ET -13 with a 275/35, standard camber and arches almost certainly only rolled:

1269838797.jpg

Back on the first page youve got mine as well, 10J ET15 with 255/35 tyre IIRC, standard camber, no archwork at all. :)

Oh Noooo now you have me looking into arch work , If i go to that i would go the full monty and dont want to be spending that kind of money to get some pointy out wheels :lol:

Realisticly i want about 4" Dish and sitting flush to the arch but after 4 days of trauling the internet iv came up with nothing :bang: , i understand offsets a little now and at this point would look at other types of wheels than the ssr's ect but still really struggling , If your mates wheels would fit with a roll id look into it but cant work out why its so hard to simply find a dished wheel with the right offset to fit flush.

Current wheels are :

Front

Size: 18x8.0

Offset: +30mm

Tire: 225/45/18

Rear

Size: 18x8.5

Offset: +33mm

Tire: 245/45/18

so in the mindset of 30mm spacers at the back and 25 front begin the most i can go to without rubbing i should be looking for this right ?

Front

Size: 18x8.0

Offset: +5

Tire: 225/45/18

Rear

Size: 18x8.5

Offset: +3mm

Tire: 245/45/18