The best upgrade for a 350z....

daveparkin

....isn't really an upgrade at all, but rather a restoration.

Mine was in for a P1 service at Westover Nissan HPC in Bournemouth on Tuesday, and while it was there I treated it to new pair of front Bridgestone RE050a's (rears were done late last year), and had a full 4-wheel alignment done.

Wow - what a transformation, the tramlining has all but disappeared, and the car feels so settled compared to before the work. Admittedly, the tramlining I had was probably more related to the nearly worn-out tyres, but I've got to say, I think keeping the alignment right is really worth it.

I noticed when my front falkens were well past their minimum depth requirement the car was tramlining really really badly. It was all over the shop. New falkens and the cars totally transformed. Really planted now. Not saying your allignment hasnt improved things, but the worn tyres definately make the car tramline like mad.

An alignment should really be one of those things that people get done on a yearly basis at least, if not every six months. :thumbs:

I've got a specific set of figures I use for my alignments so I can get some particular handling characteristics out of the car, rather than just getting all the little markers in the green. Once you know how camber/toe/caster/thrust etc all work in relation to how the car feels on the road, you can absolutely transform a car with the right settings. I've had cars go from normal motorway plodders to nimble darty sportscars just by adjusting the suspension fractions of a millimetre. :)