It continues! Arghhhhhh!!!!

Rscut

Right,

You may remember i have put a post on here about my car making a rattle then finding out it was the baffle in the fuel tank that was loose = new fuel tank. Had a new tank fitted and the noise has gone! Yippee!

So....Just put some fuel in the car and heard a trickling noise, looked under the car (offside door to see a puddle of fuel. Slightly distressed and embarrassed i ran into the station to pay, jumped back in the car and drove off to an empty car park to investigate. I pulled over jumped out to find no fuel leaking out. Why would this happen? :angry:

i put 40 quid in and the rip computer says 150 miles. This round about right? Am i ever going to get to enjoy my car!?!

i put 40 quid in and the rip computer says 150 miles. This round about right? Am i ever going to get to enjoy my car!?!

I have a feeling that the fuel computer calculates using the the current mpg . I put £40 in mine last week, it was reading empty and it went up to 216 miles, I put £30 into Caroline's roadster and it only went to 106 miles, so sounds about right to me.

Pete

if I ever got 150 miles to 140 quid I would be jumping for joy. I'm used to putting over 100 quid in and lucky to see 200 miles on average out a tank, usually much less.

Why are you not enjoying it? This is what we warn people of when buying a sports car like the zed. Although the prices are very affordable the upkeep is still the same, if not more, when it cost over 30k.

The cost of fuel doesn't bother me, its the fact that its pissing all over the floor when im filling up!!! My question with regards to the trip computer was to find out if its matching up correctly now it has a different tank on it.

I'm not enjoying the car as the story so far goes;

Pick up Saturday, car making noise after i fill it up

Garage Monday cant find the noise

Garage Wednesday decides the fuel tank needs to come out with my 50 quid of fuel in it

Friday garage call to say new tank is needed

Saturday fuel tank sourced

Wednesday fuel tank arrives

Friday pick car up

Sunday fill up car and **** fuel over forecourt!

Tomorrow back to garage after work

:bang::rant::rant::angry:

The cost of fuel doesn't bother me, its the fact that its pissing all over the floor when im filling up!!! My question with regards to the trip computer was to find out if its matching up correctly now it has a different tank on it.

I'm not enjoying the car as the story so far goes;

Pick up Saturday, car making noise after i fill it up

Garage Monday cant find the noise

Garage Wednesday decides the fuel tank needs to come out with my 50 quid of fuel in it

Friday garage call to say new tank is needed

Saturday fuel tank sourced

Wednesday fuel tank arrives

Friday pick car up

Sunday fill up car and **** fuel over forecourt!

Tomorrow back to garage after work

:bang::rant::rant::angry:

bit of a nightmare, hopefully this will be the last thing though.

Take it back to the garage and tell you them you think the filler neck is leaking somewhere as when filling up your losing fuel but once you stop it doesnt spill anymore