air bag warning light

trev246

hi my air bag warning light started flashing for no apparent reason yesterday whilst i was driving in heavy rain on the motorway. any one got any ideas why. cheers

I will take a stab in the dark that it is a warning there may be something wrong with an air bag :thumbs:

:lol:

I did this trick on mine and it turned off the air bag warning light. It hasn't come back on and there was a receipt for an air bag check when I bought it so pretty sure it just needed to be reset. You could try it on yours and see if it works.

1. Turn ignition switch from OFF to ON.

2. Air Bag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and turns off, the turn ignition switch OFF within 1 second after the lamp turn off.

3. After ignition switch is turned OFF, wait for more than 3 seconds.

4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 two more times. (Perform 3 times in total.)

5. Turn Ignition switch ON.

6. The SRS lamp has been reset it.

^^ That puts you into diagnostic mode which will clear the light once you turn the ignition to ON. What it doesn't tell you is why the light came on in the first place.

Here's is a great post on my350z.com to take it one step further which will actually tell you the why. Includes caps from the owners manual.

http://my350z.com/forum/audio-video-and ... ypass.html