PC BUILD ADVICE?

neo-ninja

Thanks bud, the GFX card was recommened in PC Format and when i looked online it seemed to get a bit of a hammering when it was full price but now its dropped it seems to get very good feedback, for the price.

One other thing is this:

I am probably quite different to most people, but for most people's usage, one decent top-end card will cover all their needs for quite some time. I bought what was a pretty decent (almost top of the range) card at the time with the intention on buying an identical (but much much cheaper) card in 2-3 years time to get a huge boost in performance for virtually no outlay. :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My next upgrade will be a new graphics card....

Not done a massive amount of research but I going on budget I am looking at either a GTX 470 or a GTX 560 TI, doesn't seem to be a huge difference 470 is slightly better and slightly more expensive...

Neither are the best in any shape or form but I would rather have a good compromise between price and performance than having my pants pulled down for the latest card...

My next upgrade will be a new graphics card....

Not done a massive amount of research but I going on budget I am looking at either a GTX 470 or a GTX 560 TI, doesn't seem to be a huge difference 470 is slightly better and slightly more expensive...

Neither are the best in any shape or form but I would rather have a good compromise between price and performance than having my pants pulled down for the latest card...

If it helps, I have a GTX 470 currently, an EVGA Superclocked HydroCopper version (comes with a waterblock fitted already).

Have had no issues with it at all and after having it for more than a year, it still performs quite well.

Only gripe I have is that you can only use the hose fittings provided as the threading on the waterblock are not the standard BSP 1/4 type usually used by waterblock manufacturers.

In comparison, my friend has a 6850 Eyefinity and is running a triple monitor setup for gaming and it's pretty lush, but perhaps overkill if you only intend to run off one monitor.

• 4 months later...

So thought i would update this, in the end i ended up spending about £200 over my budget but it should be a much better pc and hopefully last longer in theory

Ivybridge i5 3570k processor

Corsair water cooler

8gb 1600mhz gaming ram

ATI HD 6850 1gb gfx card

128 samsung ssd

then i reused my old dvd wr and hdd drives

So far it boots windows 7 pro from a cold start in under 18s! which is insane!

thanks for the adviced all