Hard brake pedal but loss of power any ideas?

Greddy-Matt

Hi all

Searched through the first ten pages of the brakes section without joy.

I've noticed that over the past few days my brakes are loosing power, the pedal is still hard but braking force is getting weaker and weaker. I've cleaned the discs with brembo brake cleaner and it's made no difference, checked fluid levels and the pads look ok to me does anyone have an ideas as to the cause of this?

Most of the issues with power loss on here seem to go hand in hand with spongy pedals but mine isn't, any help gratefully received!

Hi all

Searched through the first ten pages of the brakes section without joy.

I've noticed that over the past few days my brakes are loosing power, the pedal is still hard but braking force is getting weaker and weaker. I've cleaned the discs with brembo brake cleaner and it's made no difference, checked fluid levels and the pads look ok to me does anyone have an ideas as to the cause of this?

Most of the issues with power loss on here seem to go hand in hand with spongy pedals but mine isn't, any help gratefully received!

What brand of Rotors are you running?

What brand of Brake Pads are you running?

Have you removed all the pads and checked the friction face of each pad?

Have you checked all 8 brake rotor faces?

Have you checked the brake servo, hose and associated parts for proper function?

Alex. :)

Hi

Yeah should have said running stock discs and pads, I think it's all the original equipment on the car as theres nothing in the receipts etc to say they've been changed. All the disc surfaces look fine, no scoring or discolouration inside or out, the pads look ok but I haven't had a chance to remove them from the calliper and inspect the faces but look like they have meat on them.

I'll whip the pads out and have look, not sure how I'd check the servo tho?

Hi

Yeah should have said running stock discs and pads, I think it's all the original equipment on the car as theres nothing in the receipts etc to say they've been changed. All the disc surfaces look fine, no scoring or discolouration inside or out, the pads look ok but I haven't had a chance to remove them from the calliper and inspect the faces but look like they have meat on them.

Stock as in JDM or Brembo?

Hi

Stock as in JDM or Brembo?

Brembo - UK car ;) :

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53577

Yep brembo's :) I went out this eve and can't get the abs to kick in under hard braking, I'm thinking it's got to be contaminated pads as the calipers aren't even getting warm with really hard use...

When you have the pads out checking the friction faces, also best to check that all 12 pistons are free. :thumbs:

All parts in stock if and when required :thumbs:

Here is the link to my 9 page sub-forum: :thumbs:

viewforum.php?f=157

Alex. :)