Costs of things...

Chieftain

Thinking about getting a 350z, but just trying to figure if it will fit in my budget. I guess this been asked 100s of times before, but I can't find a search function on the site. How much for services & tyres?

I ask because I had Subaru. A big service came round and almost bankrupt me - £800+. Want to walk into this one with my eyes open.

Cheers

I ask because I had Subaru. A big service came round and almost bankrupt me - £800+. Want to walk into this one with my eyes open.

Cheers

If you have had the big bad Impreza WRX STI XUV PWO330 SSI T1+ etc etc you ll find the Z to be much more suited as daily drive, and less expensive in daily usage ;)

If you have had the big bad Impreza WRX STI XUV PWO330 SSI T1+ etc etc you ll find the Z to be much more suited as daily drive, and less expensive in daily usage ;)

But less fun?

I had the old classic shape impreza. It put a huge grin on my face everyday

Well depends how much value you put on 4wd. To me RWD is far more satisfying. Catching a drift is an amazing feeling.

....and catching an accidental drift is even more "exciting", albeit does nothing for the condition of your underpants. First RWD car I've ever owned and I've never had so much fun.

:welcome: by the way Chief!!

Buy one........do it.....do it.........DO IT !!

The most expensive service I had so far with my Z (28k miles), is 150 Pound including oil etc.!! I live in Belgium though and service my car in Holland. The service schedule is slightly different in the UK (P1, P2, P3) etc, but I reckon you'll spend probably one third of the running cost of the Impreza ;).

Well depends how much value you put on 4wd. To me RWD is far more satisfying. Catching a drift is an amazing feeling.

....and catching an accidental drift is even more "exciting", albeit does nothing for the condition of your underpants.

Yeah, like yesterday on that roundabout where some idiot spilled a ton of diesel :dry:

Cheers

Me too, and I know what you mean. I can't remember the amount of +£500 bills I had for that thing :) Mind you, it was a ot lof fun, and in some way I do miss the beast :blush:

But I think you'll find the Zed to be so much cheaper to run. Servicing isn't much compared to Scooby stuff. I was warned when buying the thing that services 'could run up to £300 in some cases sir" Jeez, I nearly laughed my ass off :D

Tyres are roughly the same cost, although this all depends on how you drive. I got 29,000 miles from my last set of GYF1's on the classic Scooby :)

Zed ownership is a great experience, you'll love it :)

I'll second Kuro - sold my classic scooby for the z in November last year. I do miss the sheer punch of the scooby - mine ran 260bhp and with the 4wd you could hoon everywhere. I do find I've backed off a bit since getting the z, but it's definitely still a fun car to drive and it's nice not to have to wait til 3500rpm before anything much happens.

My worst bill on the scooby was £1700 - and that wasn't from a main stealer. It did include new (uprated) clutch, new front disks and pads and a service, but the z shouldn't cost anything like the scooby to run (other than the fuel consumption which I'm averaging 23mpg compared to about 26 for the scooby - though that did drop into the teens when back road blasting :scare: .

Dave

Audi are great at taking the p!ss with servicing costs. Once had my S3 in for a service and they phoned me up and "advised" me of other things that needed doing, coming to a grand total of £2100!! :scare: Once I'd wiped the vomit from my chin, I told them politely to f*ck off. My favourite was £600 for a new central warning display because one of the lines of LCD was out!! They also wanted to charge me something in the region of £70 for antifreeze!! :wacko: I was like "are you using Grey Goose Vodka??"

Just booked my zed in for a P1 service this morning btw. £160. Sold!! Oh the joys of owning a Datsun!! :yahoo:

I agree, after coming from an new age impreza the running costs have nearly halfed. Fuel in my case is very similar but servicing is a hell of alot cheaper.

To be truthfull i miss the impreza for its grip and sheer turbo grunt but i couldn't keep it after some mug drove into me!

carcrash1.jpg