Official Snowboard/Ski thread

rm cya

After all the talk about Snowboarding, Skiing, Resorts, Equipment i thought id make a thread where everyone can post up pictures/videos of their trips, kit, recommend resorts and DEALS!!! and all other info about being a 'gay on a tray' or a 'twin plank w**k*r' :teeth::p (general banter, no offence meant :lol: )

Heres my most recent trip:

Mammoth Mountain, California. SOOOOOO much POW!! over 6 metres of snow, so the groomers were soft as sh-t, and the pow was unreal!!! fresh tracks made every day!!! B)

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

we had a beginner with us.... that couldnt stop :lol:

IMG_0812.jpg

_DSC0177.jpg

_DSC0181.jpg

_DSC0019.jpg

_DSC0010-1.jpg

_DSC0012-1.jpg

Would recommend Mammoth all day long! Not the biggest resort but the quality of slopes is amazing, and the amount of snow you get is B) we payed £1100 for 10 days, flights, accommodation, 9 day lift pass, truck hire. Not bad when everyone wanted £800/900 for 1 week in Austria with hardly any snow.

Currently riding a Bataleon Jam 157. Amazing at bashing the piste, and effortless when off piste. just a bit difficult when in the park hitting boxes. so, im looking to get a 2nd board for jibbing, pressing and a general play when cruising down the slope - going for a K2 WWW Rocker 151 B)

All info on resorts, cameras, skis/boards, resorts....post up :thumbs:

Cheers mate! Was last march so I'm having withdrawal symptoms and getting angry at the fact I haven't gone away yet! Lol. Hopefully booking a weekend away with the GF, but I'm in the middle of organising a trip for 14 of us to Whistler end of December for 10 days! B)

I have my second ski holiday of the year at the weekend! :teeth:

Sadly i am going to Scotland and the conditions are arse! :doh:

I was up the Cairngorms last weekend which still had some decent snow on the top half of the mountain - full cover from top to mid stations. I would advise going early if that's where you are headed as it was mobbed due to the small number of runs open - I think they stopped selling passes around mid-morning on Sunday!

Not been able to get abroad this season due to lack of funds so need to get my fix from the sh1tty conditions here unfortunately :(

Yeah definately mate! I love Austria (mayrhoffen), would like to hit a few of the other resorts!

Who you book with and how much if you don't mind me asking? Or did you do it all separate again?

Yeah will do mate, This ones a week booked on line, half board in a swanky hotel. Half price lift passes too! Works out around £730 PP inc. flights.

Ill try and snap a few pic's to while im taking some video.

I posted my little ski movie on a mates Facebook page who works in Val D and he said my style needs more "jibbin" what ever the **** that is! hahaaha...

Just got this through via email, thought I'd whack it up here incase anyone's interested

http://www.dealcloud.co.uk/National/cha ... ibed=yes#4

Also, anyone used this service from Eurostar? Ski train from St Pancras direct to the Alps.

http://www.eurostar.com/UK/uk/leisure/d ... h_Alps.jsp

I get a SILLY discount on the Eurostar through work so I reckon I'll get something booked up soonish!! B)

I have my second ski holiday of the year at the weekend! :teeth:

Sadly i am going to Scotland and the conditions are arse! :doh:

I was up the Cairngorms last weekend which still had some decent snow on the top half of the mountain - full cover from top to mid stations. I would advise going early if that's where you are headed as it was mobbed due to the small number of runs open - I think they stopped selling passes around mid-morning on Sunday!

Not been able to get abroad this season due to lack of funds so need to get my fix from the sh1tty conditions here unfortunately :(

I was in Tignes third week of Jan and the conditions were amazing.

I have just had a quick look around the webcams for Cairngorms, Glenshee and The Lecht. Depressed is the word i would use........