Rattling heatshield

rhys1344

Is a rattling heat shield anything big to worry about? It seems completely liberated on the one side and is making a hell of a racket! I know on my last car this came loose and then I lost it driving along the road... don't want it to happen on this car as no doubt it will be silly money to get a new one!! Currently looking at getting to a garage on wednesday, is £40 a reasonable price to pay for it to be repaired and put back in place?

Is a rattling heat shield anything big to worry about? It seems completely liberated on the one side and is making a hell of a racket! I know on my last car this came loose and then I lost it driving along the road... don't want it to happen on this car as no doubt it will be silly money to get a new one!! Currently looking at getting to a garage on wednesday, is £40 a reasonable price to pay for it to be repaired and put back in place?

It's OK to run without it ... just let it fall off or take it out :thumbs:

If I was at home this wouldn't be a problem... But I am at the gf's house in essex, a long way from cardiff, without any tools / jacks etc... Don't particulalry want to chance it and have it fall off on the motorway on my journey home sunday, her friends partner works in a local garage so he should be able to sort it out later in the week for me, they charge £40 ph for labour, being near the london area I though this cost was reasonable