Factory fitted Birdview GPS

370Ad

Hi Adam

It depends on the model (..and version for your MY); You can either go into Settings, Display Settings - and choose "Display OFF" in the menus;

..or press and hold the screen brightness button (the one with the sun / moon) on it.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Adam

It depends on the model (..and version for your MY); You can either go into Settings, Display Settings - and choose "Display OFF" in the menus;

..or press and hold the screen brightness button (the one with the sun / moon) on it.

Cheers

Mark

Its an 04 so the one with the remote.

Ok i will try that when i am home.

Thanks for your help!

Hi Adam

Cheers

Mark

Its an 04 so the one with the remote.

Ok i will try that when i am home.

Thanks for your help!

I also have an 04 and can report that neither of these methods worked for me! I only have a colour option in display settings and the sun/moon button doesn't do anything at all!

Just been sat in the car in the cold for half an hour!!

I've been through every menu and read every page in the manual and can't find any reference to turning the screen off. Completed stumped!

I did notice that the sun/moon button on the remote makes some of the other buttons light up though!

I'm tempted to rip the whole thing out but it's not my car, it's the mrs' and I think she likes it!

It is ridiculous you can't turn your screen off.

Here is a link to the 2004 BirdView 350z Manual..

http://www.courtesyparts.com/pdf/2004-N ... Z-Navi.pdf

If you look at page 145 of the PDF (Section 11-17), you can clearly see the "Display OFF" setting; also read pg 148 (Section 11-20).

This is trés weird...... I used to have an older X-Trail which had Birdview, and I had to update the unit using a system DVD (not the MAP DVD) - which performed a software upgrade on the unit itself. Perhaps your NAVI version is older than some others?

If not, I dunno - give up :surrender:

Just trying to be helpful !

Also - check if you are running the menus in "Expert Mode" and not "Short Menus" (Not sure if that HIDES the more advanced stuff!)

Page 16 of the PDF (Section 3-4)

Might be worth posting your SW NAVI Version, in case anybody else has a newer update or can help?

Let me know if you sort it !

Also - check if you are running the menus in "Expert Mode" and not "Short Menus" (Not sure if that HIDES the more advanced stuff!)

Page 16 of the PDF (Section 3-4)

Might be worth posting your SW NAVI Version, in case anybody else has a newer update or can help?

Let me know if you sort it !

Thank you very much for your help you have been very kind!

Will give the Expert Mode a go, if not will try to find out what version GPS it is.

Why not cut a piece of cardboard the exact size and draw a nice picture on it, this could be your 'screen saver' and fitted when required :thumbs:

OMG - my neighbour totally did that to hide his SATNAV enabled HU in his Toyota Yaris. He printed out a picture of some old cr**py tape player, stuck it to a cardboard frame which sits over the top. I told him it maybe quicker to just 'eject / remove' the screen ! :D

Why not cut a piece of cardboard the exact size and draw a nice picture on it, this could be your 'screen saver' and fitted when required :thumbs:

OMG - my neighbour totally did that to hide his SATNAV enabled HU in his Toyota Yaris. He printed out a picture of some old cr**py tape player, stuck it to a cardboard frame which sits over the top. I told him it maybe quicker to just 'eject / remove' the screen ! :D

:lol:

That is a very Karl Pilkington thing to do. Skating the fine line between complete idiot and genius :lol: