Mysterious squeaky noise?

HassanZ

Hi all,

Recently I've noticed a really high pitched squeaky noise coming from somewhere when I drive over an uneven road. I'm trying to work out if it's interior or suspension related but I'm finding it difficult to tell!

Do the seats or seat belt clips suffer from this if they're not greased enough?

Is there something I should check first that's common on other 350z's?

I appreciate your help guys!

Hassan

open the doors, and near the top on the inside of the door, you will see a black rubber bung. same in the boot lid.

anything on the rear suspension that can move, lube it.

Get under the rear end and you wlll see the bushes quite clearly, dont forget the droplinks also need a drink too.

My driver's seat squeaks over bumps. It seems to come from the left hand side as it sometimes squeaks when I'm stationary and pushing the clutch pedal i.e. pushing on the left side of the seat by moving left leg on the clutch. I think it might be the leather moving around the seat adjustment switches.

I think my centre console/knee pads also squeak a bit over uneven ground as well :thumbdown:

Move your seat forward a bit. Bet its rubbing on something. :thumbs:

My driver's seat squeaks over bumps. It seems to come from the left hand side as it sometimes squeaks when I'm stationary and pushing the clutch pedal i.e. pushing on the left side of the seat by moving left leg on the clutch. I think it might be the leather moving around the seat adjustment switches.

I think my centre console/knee pads also squeak a bit over uneven ground as well :thumbdown:

Move your seat forward a bit. Bet its rubbing on something. :thumbs:

+1

Maybe you have a mouse caught somewhere? That's what my mrs says about my breaks and other squeeky bits ;)