Back Box or Cat-Back Replacement?

s1xtyn1n3

My OEM back box has started blowing slightly and it's time to replace it. If I had the money, I'd get a Nismo as I love the way it sounds, but my budget is going to be more like £400 rather than £1200+

It seems Scorpion is quite popular, but to me, it sounds very different from the OEM and Nismo systems and I'm not a big fan of the tips (or at least the few pics of them I've seen).

My other option is to just replace the back box with this Japspeed one. I don't really know what just replacing the back box will ultimately sound like, but it's well in budget and looks to do the job.

What do you guys suggest?

My car came with a Japspeed backbox on and it was the first thing I got rid of. it looked terrible because of the wonky fit and it was very boomy/droney and pretty embarassingly chavvy sounding really. If you're keeping the car it'll be worth investing in something that'll sound good like the Scorpion.

DB

I don't really use the car that much so it isn't urgent, but the back box is blowing noticeably so I don't think I'd want to do a long run in it until I got it replaced.

Would definitely be interested in back box systems as long as they are within budget :thumbs:

I don't really use the car that much so it isn't urgent, but the back box is blowing noticeably so I don't think I'd want to do a long run in it until I got it replaced.

Would definitely be interested in back box systems as long as they are within budget :thumbs:

Will get some options for you, leave it with me...

Scorpion cat-backs are well received on here, I fitted one last year and am really happy with it - not noisy, but frees up the V6 to sound like it should have from the factory :thumbs:

Fitted the same on mine about 5 months ago, i think it looks and sounds great :)

Scorpion cat-backs are well received on here, I fitted one last year and am really happy with it - not noisy, but frees up the V6 to sound like it should have from the factory :thumbs:

Just for info, the Scorpion is Y Pipe back and not Cat back...:)

So it is, sorry! That would be especially good value :lol: