Wiper blades

speedwell

I went for some Aero style silicone wipers for my 350z, they weren't cheap either though, see here:

http://www.xopc.co.uk

They seem good enough - certainly they have lasted well (I installed on 12/03/2011 & they are still 100%). Couple of minor gripes:

1. I expected them to be totally silent in operation & was surprised after installing that there were a few squeaks during light mist. This was only temporary though - after they have bedded in, they are fine & silent.

2. Due to the curvature of the 350z windscreen at the edge near the pillar - on the passenger side wiper only, the wiper blades do not make good contact with the screen. It is as if the XOPC wipers would need more 'spring' in their spine to keep the pressure/contact of the blade to the screen. This ONLY effects the lower LHS of the screen near the dash - as soon as the wiper moves about an inch or so, the blade makes contact, so it does not affect any normal viewable location.

The spring in the XOPC wipers didnt seem as much as a pair of (Bosch I think) ones I noticed when washing the wifes previous car (2004 VW passat) - from memory they nearly doubled over when taken away from the windscreen, well certainly a well pronounced U shape anyhow!

Would I buy them again?

Honest answer, I dont know - they work well - but I'm in two minds as to whether the original slim style Nissan ones might look a bit neater, so maybe they PIAA silicone ones would be the better option. I dont know how the cheaper Aero - style wipers from Ebay that some of the other forum members have tried compare performance & durability wise.

Couple of screenshots attached - these were pics I had taken at the time of install.

John

E bay. Champion do some. Pair for £24 if I remember correctly. Work fine and easy to fit.

Are they exactly the same as the original?

I've been speaking to one of the biggest internet suppliers,Wiperblades.co.uk,370z was not listed so I sent them pics.

The arm has a standard hook fixing but the blades have the fixing bracket on the side rather than the normal top position,so they couldn't help.

A top fixing will have the blades sitting on the screen in a different position...which perhaps doesn't really matter?

I'm guessing the Champion blades referred to have a top fixing?

• 2 weeks later...