Catalytic converters for MOT

Sidewayz

Hi everyone,

With the new MOT rules in I'm pretty sure my decat pipes will fail me! :bang:

I bought the car that way...

Is there any point in me trying to find a pair of used OEM one's or get a pair of HFCs?

Thanks for any replies regarding this :)

Hi everyone,

With the new MOT rules in I'm pretty sure my decat pipes will fail me! :bang:

I bought the car that way...

Is there any point in me trying to find a pair of used OEM one's or get a pair of HFCs?

Thanks for any replies regarding this :)

I always understood that cats should be present for an MOT anyway.... Maybe I'm wrong.

You can always :pmzmanalex: to see if he has used OEM Cats. Or :pmtarmac: for HFCs.

I guess it depends if you want to swap cats every year or do the job and leave it done.

I always understood that cats should be present for an MOT anyway.... Maybe I'm wrong.

You can always :pmzmanalex: to see if he has used OEM Cats. Or :pmtarmac: for HFCs.

I guess it depends if you want to swap cats every year or do the job and leave it done.

Cats didnt have to be present until recently, but you did have to pass the emissions test, which technically I'm sure is impossible with a 350z unless it has cats fitted.

Unless you have a friendly MOT tester, I'd bit the bullet and get HFCs to save faffing around for no gain. The extra cost will soon repay itself when you dont have to swap out the cats each year.

Cats didnt have to be present until recently, but you did have to pass the emissions test, which technically I'm sure is impossible with a 350z unless it has cats fitted.

Unless you have a friendly MOT tester, I'd bit the bullet and get HFCs to save faffing around for no gain. The extra cost will soon repay itself when you dont have to swap out the cats each year.

its nigh on impossible to pass emissions with decats fitted. i know some garages used to have to stick the sensor in a nearby fiesta exhaust in order to get the reading.

but it doesn;t matter now anyway as you'll need some kind of filter device in there now anyway.

if your happy to swap around then just get some OEM's

if you don't get some HFC's

or alternatively get the motordyne XYZ pipe which allows you to keep the decats, and puts a singular cat in the y pipe on a quick release mechanism so you can swap between decat, and cat, or hi flow, in a matter of minutes.

its nigh on impossible to pass emissions with decats fitted. i know some garages used to have to stick the sensor in a nearby fiesta exhaust in order to get the reading.

but it doesn;t matter now anyway as you'll need some kind of filter device in there now anyway.

if your happy to swap around then just get some OEM's

if you don't get some HFC's

or alternatively get the motordyne XYZ pipe which allows you to keep the decats, and puts a singular cat in the y pipe on a quick release mechanism so you can swap between decat, and cat, or hi flow, in a matter of minutes.

doubt very much you will pass without cats..i think its visual now not just readings so if they see no cat they prob wont even bother running emission test..straight fail!

see if anyone else on the forum has decats near you then can maybe negiotate to borrow them come m.o.t time or at least buys you a bit of time to find some good priced oem ones

i like the sound of those motordyne ones i didnt know you could do that..learn something new everyday :thumbs:

me and my mate used to share one cat between two civics :lol:

doubt very much you will pass without cats..i think its visual now not just readings so if they see no cat they prob wont even bother running emission test..straight fail!

see if anyone else on the forum has decats near you then can maybe negiotate to borrow them come m.o.t time or at least buys you a bit of time to find some good priced oem ones

i like the sound of those motordyne ones i didnt know you could do that..learn something new everyday :thumbs:

me and my mate used to share one cat between two civics :lol: