What bulbs are best?

Shinjuku

stock HIDS are 4200-4500k i would up grade to 5K or 6K around there but no more, at those numbers the light is more white than yellow. 10k is very blue, but the lighting ability is pretty poor in comparison to the same bulb at 4500k

as for side lights you can get blue lense 501 bulbs that are also white in light or some LED versions instead.

as for full beam i just put philips x-treme vision in +100% over normal vision. i think they are about the best you can get, but OSRAM night breakers or Ring +120% are meant to be good.

i would avoid EBAY HID bulbs, the price is good but the bulbs tend to be poor quality.

try someone like autobulbs direct.

to be honest the OEM ones are very good, but very expensive.

stock HIDS are 4200-4500k i would up grade to 5K or 6K around there but no more, at those numbers the light is more white than yellow. 10k is very blue, but the lighting ability is pretty poor in comparison to the same bulb at 4500k

as for side lights you can get blue lense 501 bulbs that are also white in light or some LED versions instead.

as for full beam i just put philips x-treme vision in +100% over normal vision. i think they are about the best you can get, but OSRAM night breakers or Ring +120% are meant to be good.

i would avoid EBAY HID bulbs, the price is good but the bulbs tend to be poor quality.

try someone like autobulbs direct.

to be honest the OEM ones are very good, but very expensive.

So are the bulbs in the 2005 cars hid as well. I thought the later models were supposed to be better. Surely a hid is a hid?

More light is better but as has been said more blue means less light. I have used 6k before but that was when you had to choose between 4 and 6.

First up has to be getting sidelights that are whiter than regular. So probably led.

Thanks for the tip about the main beam. Will take a look.

Shinjuku

So are the bulbs in the 2005 cars hid as well. I thought the later models were supposed to be better. Surely a hid is a hid?

More light is better but as has been said more blue means less light. I have used 6k before but that was when you had to choose between 4 and 6.

First up has to be getting sidelights that are whiter than regular. So probably led.

Shinjuku

Shinjuku

pre 2006 = hid

post 2006 = bi xenon (hence why they are better) also better sue of the bulb and light etc)

Am I right in thinking that since my 04 Jap import doesn't have headlight washers that HID kits are illegal on my car?

nope because you didn't fit them after market it came that way from the factory, so will still meet MOT rules, but the only way to find out is when you get it MOT'd