2012 - Mods Planned - Bodywork Recommendations

JackStrong

Hi All

Though not going to be done for a few months I wanted to start a log of things to come. Would have started sooner but the window motor replacement set me back £200 so need to get more funds first. Anyway, first the car:

bonnetscoop-splitter1.jpg

Much like the GTR I want hood scoops on the bonnet, no real purpose other than bit more cooling I guess. Plus the classic black splitter mod, but may get the stick on £100 ones, undecided as it may intrude out too much. Possibly skirts though am undecided, as you can see my drive is a bit gravelly ..crack :S Photoshop:

bonnetscoop-splitter.jpg

Next I saw a ebay add for a 350z who had smooth nismo spats, think they look amazing :) :

IMG_1145.jpg

KGrHqVpsE63ZjSuNBBO3-P890w60_3.jpg

So anyway, does anyone know of a good body shop to do the spats and hood, smoothed and sprayed ? I live between Northampton and Cambridge, Huntingdon to be precise.

Opinions welcome

2 quick things.....

First of the bonnet vent - just don't. Chavvy in the extreme. If thats the look you like, then get yourself a Seibon bonnet or similar. One that is designed to have the holes/vents

Secondly - its all well and good getting the spats blended in. But be aware that the slightest pressure on the bumper in any position will likely cause the paint to crack along the blended seams.

2 quick things.....

First of the bonnet vent - just don't. Chavvy in the extreme. If thats the look you like, then get yourself a Seibon bonnet or similar. One that is designed to have the holes/vents

Secondly - its all well and good getting the spats blended in. But be aware that the slightest pressure on the bumper in any position will likely cause the paint to crack along the blended seams.

Sound advice there like! :thumbs:

• 7 months later...

Hi All

Though not going to be done for a few months I wanted to start a log of things to come. Would have started sooner but the window motor replacement set me back £200 so need to get more funds first. Anyway, first the car:

bonnetscoop-splitter1.jpg

Much like the GTR I want auto hood scoops on the bonnet, no real purpose other than bit more cooling I guess. Plus the classic black splitter mod, but may get the stick on £100 ones, undecided as it may intrude out too much. Possibly skirts though am undecided, as you can see my drive is a bit gravelly ..crack :S Photoshop:

bonnetscoop-splitter.jpg

Next I saw a ebay add for a 350z who had smooth nismo spats, think they look amazing :) :

IMG_1145.jpg

KGrHqVpsE63ZjSuNBBO3-P890w60_3.jpg

So anyway, does anyone know of a good body shop to do the spats and hood, smoothed and sprayed ? I live between Northampton and Cambridge, Huntingdon to be precise.

Opinions welcome

Its been a long time since this photos was posted and I do apologize for my late post here. I'm just interested at the topic here. Anyway any updates for this? Is this your car? Nice ride out there. Paint and body works are really furnished. And I'm afraid that I might not help you looking for body shop. The first two photos might look great if hood scoops will be installed on it. :)

• 1 month later...

No worries.

Updates:

• I have a genuine nissan front carbon cover, looks great though isnt actually carbon :S ... but guess it wont fracture
    Fibreglass rear spats ready to go on. Though a quote has put me off the idea for a bit

Not sure on the bonnet vents anymore, bit chavy. I did have carbon mirrors but didnt like how they looked when the mirrors folded. Which happens every time i lock the car as I have the cookbot autofold mod on.