HELP - no sound with new HU

WINKJ

I have just wired up my new HU, manage to get power to it, but no sound from any of the speakers.

my dash is in pieces so would appreciate any help!

pics:

6588646989_5ae0572a4d_z.jpg

photo5 by Winkj, on Flickr

6588646319_5a0eb5e4b2_z.jpg

photo4 by Winkj, on Flickr

6588645553_e0b3fedc92_z.jpg

photo3 by Winkj, on Flickr

this wiring on this isnt sealed yet, just soldered. . . its the steering control, and the amp turn on, ALSO - the 3.5mn jack is atttached, I don't have a 3.5mm jack input oin the back of my hU so was told that splicing it to this should work.

6588644831_4d405e3e15_z.jpg

photo2 by Winkj, on Flickr

6588644143_80537539b9_z.jpg

photo by Winkj, on Flickr

HELPPPPPPP

Looks like you have wired the amp remote to the steering remote... So the amp isnt firing up hence no sound

The steering remote wire is only spliced to the steering wheel adapter where you cut off the 3.5mm plug, like this -

c43be3b5.jpg

dave you're a genius, did this and steering wheel controls are working! so now just need to figure the amp power on cable which is unconnected.

Sorry if I hadn't been back to work this week I would have taken some pictures for you as I had a Pioneer which is what the guide was done for and a JVC which has the same connections as yours so have had the same problems as you to sort out :wacko:

Once you get the pre amp out sorted you should be fine as long as everything is earthed and best thing is the JVC has a built in booster so you don't need line boosters either :yahoo:

Hope you get it all sorted, sounds like you are 99.9% of the way there :lol:

Right! Don't go anywhere, I need to crack this :lol:

I have the cable the same as the one in the above image, but I don't have anywhere to connect it to! I have a blue and white cable coming out of the back of the HU but it isn't loose like in the image from the pioneer thread. It is connected into the loom, let me know if you need a pic

James

Right! Don't go anywhere, I need to crack this :lol:

I have the cable the same as the one in the above image, but I don't have anywhere to connect it to! I have a blue and white cable coming out of the back of the HU but it isn't loose like in the image from the pioneer thread. It is connected into the loom, let me know if you need a pic

James

Thats the one, I can't remember if I spliced it or rerouted it when I still had the bose amp, now I have a seperate one it is obviously spliced :thumbs:

Sorry some of my help has been a little vague, most of what I did was over 2 years ago when I fitted the Pioneer, but luckily I had a bit of a refresher when I fitted my JVC a few weeks back :lol:

Yeah I do but it's not a lose cable, it is in the loom and attaches to a ict connector in a block connector. Cable A in that diagram is the blue and yellow one for steering controls which now works, you want me t email you a pic of the blue and white cable?

Hi Winkj,

I bought the JVC KW-AVX740

Thanks for the post. I looked at the double din fascia's and thought that I had ordered the wrong one but luckily I haven't (phew!!)

I fitted it on Wednesday/Thursday but now I have blown my rear lights. I think it may just be a fuse but I am running around in my husbands putt putt until Saturday. I have read online that if you get the aerial wired wrong it can blow the fuse so I will start there as the radio isn't working :)

I hope yours is working well!!

Thanks

Lyndsey

I didn't have too many issues but my problem is when I want to do something I do it..... SO sometimes I can get carried away with trying to shortcut things before thinking. This is probably why my radio doesnt work!!

I have replaced my rear speakers (on a new amp) with 2x focal's and 2x JVC's low end bass (not subwoofer). The JVC's were going to be my subwoofers but they are crap on what ever amp I put them on. My other half has given me his Hertz amp and subwoofer so I will be fitting them at some point. I will then look at replacing my door speakers and tweeters. I haven't decided what yet.

Thanks for the offer of help, its much appreciated.