Momentum performance intake fitted

leodspider

Well i had a crack at installing this baby ...Without following the instructions of taking the front bumper off .. (i was tired after work and it was one in the morning) The removal of stock intake was easy enough along with the strut brace. The long intake pipe was fitted with percisi..... problem found already :(. The intake duct needed to come out but the bumper blocks the way :S. so after asking it nicely to come out, so the snips came out. Its now in the bin, so i grab the pipe and...another problem. i had to find away to put the silicon sleeve on the bend pipe through the gap of the front bumper ( alot of swearing occurs ) so i my mate hold the pipe with the bend attached to the filter and small pipe while i tighten the clamps on the long pipe,and attached the pipe to the throttle body. Finally it was bolted down, maf sensor put in finally checks DONE. Then problem, the bend has a bolt which is suppose to be bolted just behind the bumper, but theirs no way putting this bolt in seeing as my bumper is still on. So i decided to leave it till i fit my coilovers.

621c6894.jpg

de0af856.jpg

b1b2e933.jpg

069cd960.jpg

1f544bb6.jpg

I will get better picture once fitted properly, the intake should be sitting horizontal to the bumper, in other works it shouldnt be seen in the grill.

The initial response is a big smile, the noise isnt any louder until you get to about 3,500RPM, and then you can hear the sucking noise, along with the true dual exhaust it sounds nice :D , decats are next :p.

So to wrap it up the intake is nice with the crinkle upgrade (black paint). Build quality is as perfect as a intake can be. Fitting is possible without bumper off... but for the love of god just take it off. Remap will come sometime Febuary .Enjoy.

I got in contact with a guy called Kev from SOHO motorsports, who was recommended by the company i got my exhaust from. I know momentum outsources the selling with other companys. but if you want Kev's contact hell sort you out with a good deal. Momentum currently want to expand to EU so they paid pretty much most of my shipping cost. I think you could contact momentum sales office and sort it out their, and get a good deal.

Including tax it came to £250, but if it wasn't for the shipping being paid it would be 300ish. Yeah I thought about it and when taking it for a drive in heavy rain their was no problem but I did avoid puddles. In saying that I am gonna re install it properly so it sits where it should. I'm just thinking should i of got the polished version to go with the intake manifold.

looks like its a 2.5" inlet, possibly even 3". you could easily fit a large 7/8" k&N down there in the bumper to fill the vent. or keep it that size so its not completely hanging down getting filthy from everything that goes through the vent. is there a reason you want to change filter?

3" pipe . i perfer a filter which doesnt require oiling, as it may mess about with the MAF sensor, but i recokn with the length of the tubing and the bend before the Sensor, it should be okay. Coilovers next, then i need to fix my radiator, just realised the radiator has been pushed back after hitting that fox, and the belts are cutting into one of the wires, so ill take better photos soon.

yeah the Intake is only going to be on the car for a year max. Cause the turbo kit ill be getting from the same company, reuse the filter on the same location , only attach to the turbo.http://www.momentumperformance.com/prod ... _Tuner_Kit.

however that kit itself would fit on RHD cars without some modifications, they're constantly updating me on the progress of their RHD turbo kit.

Aslong as i avoid puddles the filter seems to be okay with not sucking in water