ICE Tags - In Case of Emergency

rhys1344

http://www.icetags.co.uk/

I thought that this may be beneficial to some people, I personally have found this being useful!!

After being mugged and left with nothing but my keys I was lucky enough to have an ICE tag on my key ring which helped the police call someone to come help (I was away in Uni with family over 120 miles away) But after that phone call someone was on their way! Many of us nowadays do not remember phone numbers like we used to and when caught without, you can get caught out!!

One time my brother was out and lost his keys (muppet) but luckily someone found his keys and due to having an ICE tag, a police man phoned us up letting us know they have his keys!

These come in handy more ways than one, and it has already been extremely beneficial in the few times I have needed them.

Taken from the website: http://www.icetags.co.uk/

We tag our pets to keep them safe. We tag our luggage in case it goes missing. Why shouldn’t people also be tagged In Case of Emergencies? That’s exactly what ICEtags™ do – they carry vital information about you to help you get the help you need, should you need it. They’re small, inexpensive and can be attached to your keys, clothing or shoelaces, yet they carry important ID information, emergency contact details and any medical details that may assist emergency services… just in case.

Note: These are not being sold by me, My uncle started this a few years ago and I thought it would be worth sharing with the Zed community as they have come in very handy for myself and other family/friends

Great idea.....I've got an ICE app on my Blackberry which has all of my details and emergency contacts.....has everything including medical conditions & blood type that may all come in useful should the worse happen!

App saved on my front screen so it's easily recognised if phone taken out of case......app is a large red cross on white background!!!

The best part....it's free on BB App world :thumbs:

The reason behind the use of it as a key ring is so that anyone can get the number providing you have your keys with you, in the event of a crash, it will be in the ignition.

Out running you can tie it to a shoe lace as normally you don't like to take large clumpy things out with you in your pockets. There are many different ways of using the tag

Phones can get stolen / lost and a phone can have password lock on it (as does mine) so when you're in an unconscious state who will tell the rescuer the pass code?

A phone can always break or run out of battery rendering it useless, people are all too much relying on modern technology but overseeing that these things can break, where as a key ring fob the size of a tesco clubcard is very robust and doesn't run out of battery, get locked out or even stolen.

Just some food for thought ;) as I have got ICE plugged into my phone, but in my case where I needed it... phone was stolen!! Luckily I had my Gf's number on there and gave it to the services to call.