New Key Fob

JMRolfe

Hello

I've had a search through the site but not yet found an answer that quite matches what I'm looking for...

I've bought a cheapy flick key fob of fleebay, the instructions say to get it cut (which I've done) then swap the electronics from the old one to the new one.

Before I go about doing this, is there anything I should / shouldn't know? I.e. if the battery drops out am I suddenly going to be going to Nissan to have it re programmed etc.

Any other advise would be appreciated : )

Thanks

James

Its usually just the central locking part that you have to recode if it looses anything at all and that can be done on the vehicle with most Nissan's (ala my old Primera and the likes). Its the chip you have to have recoded if there is a problem although its not mega expensive (about £60 If I recall).

ultimately you have to just take a chance with it, you should be able to take the gubbins out without removing the battery I would have thought as its usually all attached to the board.

I'd actually be more concerned about snapping the key off in the ignition as I've not heard great things about the chinese built key fob thingies, let us know how it fares after a while!

Hope this helps

I'm not getting one reprogrammed - I'm just moving its innards from one fob to another. I've had both keys cut and it turns in the barrel (not that it does aything without the electronics).

Erm... further details...

Its a 2006 UK car

This is similar to what I've bought:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Folding-R ... 3cb3e69fc0

I've had a local key cutting place cut the blank. They said to get a dealer to swap the insides over as I could risk wiping it if I do it wrong??

Ok, I'll just go for it and hope for the best...

Cheers everyone :thumbs: