AA national breakdown cover - £45

HassanZ

Hi all,

I'm in need of a breakdown cover as I'm going to be travelling up and down the motorway on a daily basis from January onwards. I have never taken out a breakdown cover and thought it's now best I get one out just in case I am faced by the unexpected...:headhurt:

I'm not sure if any of you have heard of Quidco but they have a cashback offer on AA breakdown covers. If I spend more than £100, I get £60 back.

The cover I require consists of: Home start, national recovery and roadside assistance. If I cover myself as a driver or passenger of any vehicle, the cover comes up to £105. With the cashback, the cover will work out to £45.

Are there any better deals out there?

My missus got the same cover for £2 a few months ago!! :scare: I highly doubt that offer will come back onto Quidco seeing as it's become very popular recently...

I pay £12 a month to upgrade my lloyds account to gold, its a joint account with my wife so for that we both get covered for any car either or us are travelling in. Plus you get mobile phone cover blah blah blah. Used it to get me out of trouble once when I accidentally put petrol in my diesel corsa a few years back, they came got me at 5am (was on the way to the parents to get wedding suit fitted and was not paying attention at the pump/had mind on other things!). Bank accounts seem to be offering good deals like that at the moment.

I pay £12 a month to upgrade my lloyds account to gold, its a joint account with my wife so for that we both get covered for any car either or us are travelling in. Plus you get mobile phone cover blah blah blah. Used it to get me out of trouble once when I accidentally put petrol in my diesel corsa a few years back, they came got me at 5am (was on the way to the parents to get wedding suit fitted and was not paying attention at the pump/had mind on other things!). Bank accounts seem to be offering good deals like that at the moment.

Yup RBS offer similar includes multi-trip travel insurance as well - so for £124 per year have roadside and home on two cars and as passenger, multi-trip travel for whole family plus a multitude of odds and sods I'll never use- like theatre discounts - but for piece of mind on the road and all travel insurance I thought was worth it.

That Quidco cashback deal is a good one though :thumbs: