Two hopefully very obvious rear light questions

Mega

1. To change the rear tail light bulb over (NOT brake.. just the normal tail light: I believe they are two different bulbs) what do I do? Can it be accessed from the boot with removing trim etc or is it a bumper off and cluster out job? I bet there's a how-to on here but I'm rubbish at the search function in this site..

2. I'd like to avoid having to do this again so will buy a set and do both sides. Is going for LEDs any good on this model? For example: http://www.hq-auto-lighting.co.uk/18-fl ... te-or-red/

What I mean by that is; Do I need cancellers etc to avoid dash codes or will they be OK? If any issue then perhaps a specific supplier you know of that supply a good unit?

If it's a major pain I might just buy new clusters completely :D The rears have condensation issues anyway...

Cheers

Dave

You don't need red ones as the original bulb is white. I tried led stop/tail bulbs before and found that there wasn't a great amount of difference in brightness between the tail light and when the brakes were applied. The original dual filament bulb seemed much better so I left them in as I thought it was safer.

You need ones that arent directional like that. Look at the housing and how the bulb goes into it. Directional ones like the one linked will shine up to the sky and not light up the housing like a typical bulb will which illuminate light all around.

I used to have these as tail lights ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-7440-744 ... 2eb9c38dd3 ) in my 350z. I would have used the latter in my tail lights too if I had the choice, but as I already had the former for a fog light test (not bright enough for fog light IMO) I just used them. warden_jp2002 is the seller, he was very good when I was trying out foglight bulbs for clear housing, sent me out new brighter ones when the became available.