Baby brother for the 350Z

M13KYF

A article in this weeks AutoExpress issue944 has a exclusive article that Nissan is heavily looking into a project to create something around half or two thirds the cost of a 350Z. This would pitch a new rear wheel drive machine between £13,000 and £20,500

Nissan's product strategy and planning boss, Pierre Loing, explained " We all agree that there is room below the 350Z for something. We are working on such a model at the moment.

Also in the same article that the Nissan chief has said "There's a 95% chance that the GT-R supercar will come to the UK".

:p:p NO CHANCE!!! :p:p

in order to do that N would need a2.0 l engine or similar with potential to become a sporty beast... and they have not had anything barely resembling sporty since the SR20 engine ( fitted to the Primera 2.0 GT, and the 200SX with turbo , pulsar etc... )

The LEGENDARY SR20 has evolved into a TR20 dull lump...

look below the VQ35 engine and see it you find a "good engine" with "good enough" performance.

UNLESS ... the bring over here the TR25 from the Sentra-R ( a tarted up almera with a 2.5 litre engine... but considering emissions etc... I don't think this old lump will be good enough for the next 5 years or so...

In ther mid 90's N had it going for themselves and then decided to go bland and average (skyline's, 300ZX, 200sx, pulsars, Primera GT, ALMERA GTetc... ) ...they would need to develop a completely new engine... and that takes a lot of time ,... me thinks...

so in my opinion... i'll believe it when i see it... :dry:

Captain sensible, and Mr negative today...ranting off...

in order to do that N would need a2.0 l engine or similar with potential to become a sporty beast... and they have not had anything barely resembling sporty since the SR20 engine ( fitted to the Primera 2.0 GT, and the 200SX with turbo , pulsar etc... )

look below the VQ35 engine and see it you find a "good engine" with "good enough" performance.

UNLESS ... the bring over here the TR25 from the Sentra-R ( a tarted up almera with a 2.5 litre engine... but considering emissions etc... I don't think this old lump will be good enough for the next 5 years or so...

In ther mid 90's N had it going for themselves and then decided to go bland and average (skyline's, 300ZX, 200sx, pulsars, Primera GT, ALMERA GTetc... ) ...they would need to develop a completely new engine... and that takes a lot of time ,... me thinks...

I can see this happening Nissan need a car to replace the silvia which was one of there best selling sport coupes.

As said above the sr20det is a legendary motor I think they will revive it just clean the emmisions up a bit.When it comes out I think I'll be trading my Z in I'd imagine it will weigh 2/3rds of the weight aswell but with the sr20det it will be much more tuneable.

I can see this happening Nissan need a car to replace the silvia which was one of there best selling sport coupes.

As said above the sr20det is a legendary motor I think they will revive it just clean the emmisions up a bit.When it comes out I think I'll be trading my Z in I'd imagine it will weigh 2/3rds of the weight aswell but with the sr20det it will be much more tuneable.