P3 service help and advice please

HassanZ

Hi all,

I'm planning on getting my Zed serviced at CS soon as it's due a P3.

This is what I plan on carrying out:

- Oil

- Oil filter

- Spark plugs

- Belts

- Brake fluid

- Coolant change

- Gearbox oil and Molyslip

- VLSD (diff) oil

- Sump plug crush washer

- Rear Brake pads

- Rear discs

- Adjust handbrake

Am I missing anything else?

The previous owner has been using 5w40 Millers oil since the car was bought new but I was planning on swapping back to the manufacturer recommendation of 5w30. Is it okay if I changed to 5w30 and will Castrol 5w30 be okay to use?

I have been given 2 model numbers for the Iridium spark plugs. The performance one is DENIKH16 and the OEM one is DENVKH16. The performance one (DENIKH16) is significantly cheaper than the OEM ones, anyone know why?

Is Comma coolant okay to use or do you only recommend Nissan's coolant? Which type do I go for?

I appreciate your help guys :thumbs:

Many Thanks,

Hassan

I've got my P3 due any time soon, silly question but based on the above I'm assuming then that i can collect all the bits and bobs required and then just take them and the car to my local Nissan dealer and save a few quid over there p1ss take prices....

I've got my P3 due any time soon, silly question but based on the above I'm assuming then that i can collect all the bits and bobs required and then just take them and the car to my local Nissan dealer and save a few quid over there p1ss take prices....

Yep, but gearbox and diff oil change isn't on the Nissan service schedule at all, its just precautionary.

Yep, but gearbox and diff oil change isn't on the Nissan service schedule at all, its just precautionary.

Plus, you will mostly be confined to the Nissan waiting room. Do you trust the dealer to do the work, even with own parts supplied?

I mean I'm sure most dealerships won't have the trainee monkey do it, but just in case you are going to a dealer that belongs to the minority.

Can you be totally sure?

With independants, like Abbey or DMS, you can see the work as it's being done, and depending on how friendly they are, you can even get your own hands dirty if you want to learn (Thanks Andy @ CS who showed me how to do brake pads on Brembos)

Another thing would be the thinking from a reversed perspective.

Customer comes in with his stuff and wants me to do the work and not use the stuff I have on my own shelf...hmmmm.

I wouldn't go to a chinese take away and bring my own steamed rice and tell them to make a fried rice for me (not that I would anyway, just an example of the top of my head)