Christmas Cracker!!

garp

Hello Everyone, Im sure there are countless posts on here already regarding exhausts but not really got time to search too hard.

I just took my 56plate 350z into the stealers to have the exhaust checked as it was bellowing about 8 times louder than it should be.

They lifted it onto a ramp and showed me that the section where the centre part meets the Rear Silencers in broken.

They gave me a quote to replace both the Centre Exhaust and the Rear silencer at a whopping £778.04

Now Christmas is just around the corner with not much spare cash and family visits, I really need to get it sorted straight away.

Should I go for it or should I buy OEM parts elsewhere?

Or alternatively, get a better system somewhere else.

I dont want to shake the town down with a really loud one as I make quite a few longer journeys, plus, she wouldnt like it! :boxing:

Can I get aftermarket systems that are just the centre part and rear or is it always bets to replace the whole lot when changing exhaust systems.

Any advise from the boffins would be gladly appreciated.

Thanks and sorry if this has been covered before.

HELP!

You can get a 'Scorpion' from Tarmac Sportz on here for under £400, which is the two bits you are after. Apparently noise friendly and stainless to avoid any future problems. You certainly don't have to change any more than that in one go if you don't need to. Either way I would avoid paying main dealer prices, plenty of other options. :thumbs:

I may get a quick fix then until I find out more about aftermarket ones.

Are Tarmac Sportz in the USA?

Also will my insurance be void/more if I upgrade?

Cheers so far for comments,

Anything in SE Chaps/Ladies?

very hard to believe that the centre pipe section and rear box section have both rusted through but ive not seen it....see if you can get under and have a look ...like above states £50-60 quid welding job and im sure if replacement is the option only one section will need replacing.

Tell Nissan you will think about it and never go back !!!

Have a look what bit you need and PM me and il point you in the direction of some cheap OEM replacements on ebay if you get stuck but give tarmac a PM first

If you tell your insurance company as most do on here they sometimes add £20 or so to your premiuim or say it doesnt matter

Were in SE are you??

I'm in the Bromley area of the SE.

Again thanks for the help. And thanks for the pic Darren-B. It is on that flange. Isn't the one that joins the centre pipe a bit further on than the bit circled. But hey that's the bit. It's the back end of that flange. Can that area still be repaired?

No not yet. I'm making calls at moment. Too busy in week at work to sort it unfortunately.

It seems that not a lot of garages near me do welding. One guy just told me he will look at it today but can't promise that it can be welded until he sees it. Fair enough. I'll let you know. I'm a bit slow on here I'm afraid.

Let me know how you get on i have a mate in reigate who can do it if need be,welders in S.E are hard to come by or charge you loads!Hopefully it will get welded today cant see it taking more than 10 mins to weld...or if you want it done asap ring RSR in croydon they will sort it

You won't be dissapointed. I've just had a scorpion fitted to my Z roadster. It seems like a similar sound to the original and its not intrusive atall. Its also a well put together system and half the price of the OEM system !!!