Problems cooling off....

PeteDench

Evening people,

I have a problem where, when the car begins to overheat the fans do not always kick in. if they dont kick in a very gentle tap on the fan brings it up to full speed. i am pretty sure that i have seen a post on here about how to take the fans apart, clean and replace the bushes?!

i do not have the time, knowledge, tools, skill, confidence.... or required temperament to do this myself. do any of the guys on here do this service, and if so how much would the cost be? i am based in Colchester, Essex

Thanks

Pete

Evening people,

I have a problem where, when the car begins to overheat the fans do not always kick in. if they dont kick in a very gentle tap on the fan brings it up to full speed. i am pretty sure that i have seen a post on here about how to take the fans apart, clean and replace the bushes?!

i do not have the time, knowledge, tools, skill, confidence.... or required temperament to do this myself. do any of the guys on here do this service, and if so how much would the cost be? i am based in Colchester, Essex

Thanks

Pete

Pete,

If you have no joy with the fiddly refurb. then genuine new motors will only take 30 minutes to fit.

In stock and good to go same/next day.

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=48509

Alex. :)

Yep its stuck brushes..again

If you can bring them to me I'll do it......for free, but I am just South of Cambridge near Duxford. Or the next best option for sure is to buy a couple from zmanalex..he ships real quick. In fact the hard part is removing the fan motors so if you can get them off you aught to be able to prise the motors apart and give the brushes a quick file up....sorry thats the best I can offer.

Thanks guys, as always this site saves me an aweful lot of head scratching, :thumbs:

Zmanalex, how much would it be for the bushes?

Thanks

Sorry mate but I do not do the brushes, only the new motors.

Also Nissan do not supply brushes either.

You would have to source them aftermarket if they require replacing, perhaps one of the other guys can point you in the right direction for this.

Alex :)

The brushes get stuck in the holder so you shouldn't need to replace them just fettle so they are a sliding fit. They are only carbon so real soft. ...IF they happen to be worn out ( Doubt it) its easy to file up new ones from say a hoover or dyson motor WHY...

Picture guide if your doing it anytime soon? :thumbs: