I'm such an idiot!

SparksCW

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been to see my bodyshop friend, seems I'll be spending a bit of money!

He says he can repair the panel, it's not as bad as he thought from the picture, he did say it will take a lot of effort and most body shops would prefer to change the panel but he's going to see what he can do.

I'm also going to have a N1 bodykit fitted with rear spoiler, and my door handles painted black :DB)

Just need to price up the bodykit and find the paint code for sunset orange, any ideas?

I have a Sunset zed,paint code A17.

• 4 weeks later...

Well the Zed is in the garage, he sent me a small picture of the dent after only three hours work and it's back to it's original shape already!!!! I couldn't believe it.. The standard spoiler is off already, the door handles are off too... he's also spraying the front lip of the front bumper in satin black. I *might* be having my wheels refurbished in satin black also depending on a possible trade exchange!! (I install some lights in new spray booth, he does my wheels :D)

Pictures coming soon.

Well the Zed is in the garage, he sent me a small picture of the dent after only three hours work and it's back to it's original shape already!!!! I couldn't believe it.. The standard spoiler is off already, the door handles are off too... he's also spraying the front lip of the front bumper in satin black. I *might* be having my wheels refurbished in satin black also depending on a possible trade exchange!! (I install some lights in new spray booth, he does my wheels :D)

Pictures coming soon.

good to see its finally being repaired mate.sounds like once its finish my zed could have a twin :teeth:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey quick update, we've been busy as he has moved into a better unit so we've been building a new spray booth which means the car hasn't progressed significantly but we were waiting to get the booth done before even considering spraying! The wheel arch is now back to normal! It only needed a fine coat of filler in the end, I seriously can't believe he managed to get that out. He's had a VW split screen in for a while (that's his primary job) which was green but the paint was completely wrecked, it almost looked like primer it was that bad... I walked round the other side of it yesterday to see it gleaming and my ugly mug reflecting back, I asked if he'd resprayed that side and he said "No, just polished it up" it's bloody amazing, hopefully I'll get pictures of that too in case anyone is interested.

I've decided that the door handles are now going to be colour matched in orange rather than black and the wheels are being refurbished in Ford Ash Black which is a lovely charcoal/black colour with silver flake to it. I'm missing the car but to be fair when I walked out of my flat this morning it was like walking into a freezer haha so could be worse times of year to have work done!

I know :worthless: but I'll get some up as soon as it's all done!!