Y Pipe blowing from flexi

Dblock

Hi guys,

Car failed its mot on the broken flexi as its blowing. I have a japspeed Y pipe. Anyone know anybody near Dundee or Arbroath who can fix this. My local garage doesnt seem to keen on this as they say they dont have one big enough. I could even travel as far as Glasgow.

If this has happened to anyone a rough cost on how much it would cost would be fantastic :thumbs:

Cheers again :)

do you not fancy giving it go??i had my whole system (cat back) out by the side of the road yesterday in around 30 minutes

but im guessing hours labour around £60-£80

I can't weld though. Il be learning soon though but until then il have to rely on the garage. :thumbs:

I purchased a damaged Ichiba Y-Pipe from Tarmac a few months ago which had a blowing flexi ... actually it turned out to have 2 damaged flexi's :wacko:

I purchased 2 of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-5-x-6-ILOK-FLEXI-EXHAUST-REPAIR-PIPE-150-x-63-/320502321738?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4a9f6d524a

I think the total cost of the labour was £85 and that included the fitting of the Y-Pipe to my car! :thumbs:

The guy who did the work is a good friend though so I guess that was mates rates!

I purchased a damaged Ichiba Y-Pipe from Tarmac a few months ago which had a blowing flexi ... actually it turned out to have 2 damaged flexi's :wacko:

I purchased 2 of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-5-x-6-ILOK-FLEXI-EXHAUST-REPAIR-PIPE-150-x-63-/320502321738?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4a9f6d524a

I think the total cost of the labour was £85 and that included the fitting of the Y-Pipe to my car! :thumbs:

The guy who did the work is a good friend though so I guess that was mates rates!

cheers mate :thumbs: