Quick Question! Would 245/45/18 fit front Rays?

GoralGT

Im sure they will be fine, but this will affect your handling, traction control and computer.

You will need to have bigger tyres for the rear so that the computer knows that the rear wheels are spinning quiker than the fronts or else you will have problems.

Why not just stick to the original or if you want something wider in front go for 245 40 18, and then 265 40 18

I can buy 4 x Yokohama Advan in 245/45/18 which are new for the price of 1 -1,5 tyre from a shop.

That's why I'm thinking:)

Is it worth? :bangin:

You can buy it but traction control will NOT work.

Buy it, sell a pair, and then get 2 225 45 18" for the front.

It wont work at all?

You said the rears are spinning quicker, but how is it possible if they are the same diameter? If the car is spinning/sliding so why wider wheels on front alloys makes any difference? They are a bit wider not biger?

Please explain :bangin::bang:

the computer expects to see certain readings from each wheel, if you put the wrong size tyres on, the reading will be different as you have altered the rolling radius of the wheels.

this will confuse the computer and it wont know when to activate traction control etc etc

basically, stick to the sizes that are in the handbook, or that other people have tried and tested, believe me i bought a 350 with the same size tyres all round and going about 70 was out of the question! it would just cut power non stop!

the wheels are the same diameter - the tyres are not! - the 45 profile is a percentage of the width (45%), so 245/45 is around 2.5% bigger than 225/45.

The rear wheels will need to spin slightly slower than the fronts, if the tyres spin at the same speed the computer will think the rear wheels are slipping, and apply traction control.

I can buy 4 x Yokohama Advan in 245/45/18 which are new for the price of 1 -1,5 tyre from a shop.

Yes it will

Plenty of people here and in the U.S run a square tyre setup with no issues.

Theres a guy called Dan on here that had them and I'm pretty sure DjTimo also run a square setup for a while

Yes it will

Plenty of people here and in the U.S run a square tyre setup with no issues.

Theres a guy called Dan on here that had them and I'm pretty sure DjTimo also run a square setup for a while

But I have heard a lot of people who run the same size and have problems. I myself had this problem, when everytime I would go around a corner slowly the traction control would apply brakes to the front of the wheels, its scary! You can avoid this by just removing the traction control completly.

As far as I know once the rear wheels are spinning quicker than the front the computer should re calibrate it self and will be fine which is why some US people I know run 245 front and 315 rear.

how come mine didnt work on my previous 350?

if you tried driving at speed it would just cut power non stop, put your foot down in 4th and forget about moving anywhere fast!

as soon as i put correct tyres on it was perfect!

How should I know why it didn't work :shrug:

I've never tried it myself but plenty of people have with positive results.

All four of mine are 245/45/18 on Rays with no problems at all. TC light came on at first when the fronts were first fitted but that was because the previous owner put 40 profile on the front, after about a mile the ECU worked out it was tyre size difference and not sliding so it is now fine and reprogrammed itself to recognise the 45s.