Parking Cameras Wiring locations

agentsmith350

Hi Peeps

Being a pest here again , anyone know were i can run a couple of wires in for parking cameras ?

One needs to go from the headunit to the front ( Mesh in bodykit )

and the other to the rear licence plate and tapped into the reverse light.

Dont want to start ripping out more panels than need be :scare:

Not sure about the front but the rear is a pain.

Under the dash. Then up the side of the car, passenger side. And then up and over the strut brace and then down into the boot area. About 5 panels I think.

:scare:

Along the door sill (under the rubber seal) then under the boot carpet sounds easier! Small amount of wire on display sure but eeeeek at your method!

I went under the strut brace...

Went HU, down the centre, around the glovebox, and then followed the Bose amp cable into the boot.

I did this too, it's easy to get a cable from the centre console into the gap underneath the laptop cubby hole plate.. that then pokes through into the boot where I ran it around under the mat/platics and down through a hole into the rear bumper area.

I installed my reverse camera without removing any panels at all, all I did was loosen the centre console and remove the boot lining. I'm an electrician so quite used to fishing cables around B)

It's relatively straight forward and easy though!

http://www.350z-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Rear_Bumper_Removal

you shouldnt have to take the whole bumper off, but the above post will point you in the right direction to get to the light wiring for the reverse live.

Cheers thats a great help , cant help thinking this is a bigger job that i first imagined , i might just order the cameras anyway and wire them in to the boot so i dont have to remove the dash parts again when i do get the confidence/help to start removing the rear bumper.

Do you ( Or anyone ) know if there is a grommit hole going to the engine bay anywere i could use for the front camera ? it was my front lip of the bodykit i was most getting these for.

EDIT - Just seen sparks reply ! Did you remove the rear bumper at all or can you actually fish out the wires if you just push them through from the licence plate area ?

Took roughly a week to arrive.

If you remove the plastic panel center of the boot, basically the one closest to you when you open it.

You can also see that grommet if you lay on your back and look up past the exhaust.

had a quick look outside , the plastic trim piece along the top of the rear bumper or under the boot mat ?

How is it at night ?

It's behind the plastic trim.

Get the CCD version and nighttime visibility is good, just the reversing light is enough to get a good picture in pitch darkness

thanks , last thing before i order one - it definitely just pops in place of the current license plate light , and any bother with import tax /vat ?

Get the CCD version and nighttime visibility is good, just the reversing light is enough to get a good picture in pitch darkness

thanks , last thing before i order one - it definitely just pops in place of the current license plate light , and any bother with import tax /vat ?

Yes, it replaces the OEM light unit, and yes we have the same unit as a GT-R, lol

Only paid was was advertised, no additional cost.

Yes, it replaces the OEM light unit, and yes we have the same unit as a GT-R, lol

:thumbs: Thanks iv ordered one of those just got to wait for it to arrive , You might have already answered some of those questions but i cant fully read your replies without being drawn to your avatar..Mmmm

:thumbs: Thanks iv ordered one of those just got to wait for it to arrive , You might have already answered some of those questions but i cant fully read your replies without being drawn to your avatar..Mmmm

JaydenJaymes-1.gif