Clutch! Need help!

Krissg

Hi, purchased my Zed about 6 weeks ago and loved it immediately, about 2 weeks ago clutch was slipping so decided to get it changed. I ordered an F1 racing stage 2 clutch and lightweight fly. I took the car to the garage on Monday who fit it for me, I received a call saying the clutch pedal was right at the floor and could be a faulty slave cylinder, got the slave from Nissan dealers in leeds and fitted that today, they've now called me back and said that although it is better it's still not right, apparently I have about 1/2 inch free play at top of the clutch pedal and doesn't seem to engage the clutch properly! :( they're having to strip it back down and check the parts/ fitting again! I'm getting to breaking point with the car over this. Any ideas pleassse??

Zed clutches have a high bite point - but if it's not engaging properly then I'd go with Neil on air in the line.

When they say not engaging properly do they mean that the clutch will not disengage drive when pressed so you can't change gear or when you let the clutch up after you put it in gear the car doesn't move?

Well the make is F1 racing, not a massively well known brand but had good reviews, I should really have just paid the extra and gone for the setup from Alex but you live and learn. He was a little vague on it engaging, he says it feels like the fly is too thin so further for the slave to travel? Hea putting the power bleeder on it over night to try rid it of any air so fingers crossed. Also he assures me he's used correct fluids but why do people recommend the rbf600, what's the difference to what's recommended my Nissan? Cheers

Think its something to do with a valve in the line (only think that is!!!) - Hopefully Alex will see this - not much gets past him :)

Heat is one reason for other fluids (mainly if your a track kinda guy)

Did the clutch come with a new bearing? The kit should be designed for the job.

Neilp and Keyser are on the money. :#1:

Also, OEM slave should be fine for your application.

There is a set procedure for manually bleeding the clutch which must be followed if you are to get all the air out the system. Also A braided line would be a plan.

The fault will be:

(a) Air in system

(B) Issue with new components.

© Issue with fitters.

Alex. :)

Cool :thumbs:

Happy for you it was something simple!

Now back to happy Zedding - Do let us know how you find the new clutch.

Well car back today and seemed to be air in line. Runs great, smooth changes. Il post better review once break in is complete.