Aftermarket Y-Pipe with standard system.

Bakes100

Hello!

Im thinking of buying an aftermarket y-pipe for my 06 350z which will be used with the standard rear system.

I notice all the y-pipes seem to have a 3" outlet size whereas the OEM system has a smaller sized pipe IIRC, does this cause any issues with sound/performance or does it make no difference?

Thanks

Stuart

Hello!

Im thinking of buying an aftermarket y-pipe for my 06 350z which will be used with the standard rear system.

I notice all the y-pipes seem to have a 3" outlet size whereas the OEM system has a smaller sized pipe IIRC, does this cause any issues with sound/performance or does it make no difference?

Thanks

Stuart

OEM ones are more restrictive, Aftermarket ones such as the Stillen give better airflow, better performance and better sound.

A popular set up a lot of members have had from me is the Berk HFCs/ Stillen Ypipe and Scorpion back box.

Theres quite a few different options though, feel free to drop me a pm if you want some advice etc

:thumbs:

Not sure on the sizes of the Motordyne XYZ pipe, although I run a standard back box, Japspeed decats and the Motordyne XYZ pipe with race cat.

Sounds great, costs a tad though....

Great piece of engineering and for me the sound at 4k+ (as quoted by another member) "Sounds like a Nismo" yet all I have is decats and XYZ pipe. Made me :teeth:

I've got a link to a video if you need it.