Freesat broken

Daryl

We have had work men down the side of our house,as the next door neighbor is having new guttering fitted,so they have to use our drive to get to that side of their house and put up scaffolding. My mrs said last night that the TV was broke. Just checked,and it says that there is no/bad signal. Iv never had any issues with this set up since iv had it,and the sky dish has never moved. I installed a new LNB and cable at the start of the year,but its been faultless since. The cable that runs on the driveway side of the house all seems intact,and iv checked the connections both ends,and they are fine. The dish itself is rigid,and i cant seem to move it with brute force. So has anyone got any ideas as to what the problem may be? Iv done a master reset on the freesat box,but thats got as far as searching for the satellite and thats it.

Just had a chat with one of the guys doing all the work,and he has pointed out that the scaffolding at the back of the house (that is inline with the sky dish) may well be blocking the signal. Does this seem feasible?

Yes very :thumbs: Are there scaffolding planks in the way as well?

Though the signal hitting the dish comes in at a steeper angle than you think, have you got a pic showing the dish and the scaffolding?

The scaffolding should be down this morning,fingers crossed. Its all Ally stuff,no planks of wood or anything. Its only so they can install new guttering,which they have pretty much finished now. It is in the line of sight for the dish. I just didnt think it would make a difference,obviously i was wrong!

Before the scaffolding goes altogether check you have reception. You never know they may have knocked the LNB even though the dish is in line. They may have caught the wiring. Yes, if the scaffolding is in the way then it will block the signal. This is probably the reason but double check before the scaffolding has finally gone. :thumbs:

Trres in the line of sight are a pain, every so often I have to prune one of ours when we see the signal getting affected. :shrug:

Had to position ours so that the trees down the road didnt block it in winter. Took me ages to find a spot, then about 2 weeks later they came and chopped them down :doh::lol: