Advanced Search - 'Search in Forums' box

marzman

I know this may sound really picky, but on the advanced search page using the Search in Forums box is such a pain... the window is too small, and i cant position the list to the letter i want by typing on the keyboard... i end up going up and down the list 3 times to find the forum section i want, when i know what it's called and should just be able to select it quickly. Can anything be done to improve this?

In the meantime, i'll get my coat :blush:

Use the scrollwheel on your mouse, or check where the forum is on the main forum section before you open up the search page. :thumbs:

I know how to do it, and where the forums are located... its the manual scrolling until i find it which i dont like!

So what do you want? Bigger box? Re-ordered list? The list is in forum/subforum order, so if we make it alphabetical then it wont make sense. If you head over to the 370z theme though, I have made a tweak (change it in User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Board Style )

So what do you want? Bigger box? Re-ordered list? The list is in forum/subforum order, so if we make it alphabetical then it wont make sense. If you head over to the 370z theme though, I have made a tweak (change it in User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Board Style )

I'd like to be able to position-to by typing the word... so if i type 'Gui' it will position to guides. Now as it's not an alphabetical list this may be a problem so alternatively a popup shadow window showing the list in full would be better...