Track day pressures

Daryl

I have big bottles of OFN sitting in my garage for the tyres lol It does move, nowhere near as much as normal air though. Much much more stable.

More stable because it is probably a 90/10 mix once in the tyre unless you run a vac. which then may give you 100% nitrogen :thumbs:

Would a vac even get out most of the air? Cant see a tyre deforming enough on the rim to suck out the air. You'd need to do a few cycles to try and flush out the air. Would be a right PITA - easier just to check the pressures :lol: Sure I've seen setups before where they have 2 valves so they can flush them through.

my vac pump vacs down beyond 2 torr so it could sook the air out but the tyre will deform. Easier just to empty and fill with nitrogen leaving a couple of litres of uncompressed air in and mix it with the nitrogen.

Thats what I was getting at ;) Its quite common to see twin valve wheels in motorsport, makes it easier for them to flush through nitrogen and also monitor tyre pressurs.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic