Condensation in rear fog and reverse light

Karlp

After cleaning the zed this morning found my reverse light and fog (jdm spec) had a fair amount of condensation in :yuck: first time this has happend, is there a way to reseal the unit?

And do I have to take the rear bumper off to get at it??

Ps what's best to remove overspray from exhaust, as my chrome trim has some thick yellow overspray from my recent respray :angry:

It's a bumper off job to get the clusters out.

As for re-sealing, I think there is a guide somewhere on what sealent etc to use. I suggest use of search function (probably in the Warranty sub forum)

Exhaust overspray - use a mild clay bar to start with, and then polish up using autosol

If you have smallish hands, you can just get them off from the top opening of the bumper, your arms get cut to f**k though.... :lol:

As I found out :surrender:

THAT is good to know. Cheers Zugara!

Might have to have an "emo" look for the weekend. :lol:

Guessing sticking towels on the edges would prevent the self-harm?

If you have smallish hands, you can just get them off from the top opening of the bumper, your arms get cut to f**k though.... :lol:

As I found out :surrender:

I was able to remove the unit without removing the bumper when I did the cleared fog light mod.

If you look for that thread it shows you which parts of the bumper need to be loosened enough to take the unit out ...

As for the condensation in the light ... I've found drilling a small hole on the top of the unit usually solves the problem as it gives the moisture somewhere to escape from ...

:thumbs:

Okay guys I took my rear light out and got to the reverse cluster, I've took the indicator bulb out but the condensation water droplets seem to be between the plastic lenses not inside the bulb compartment, can this be cured if it is or am looking at a new indicator unit?? :(

• 4 weeks later...
light ... I've found drilling a small hole on the top of the unit usually solves the problem as it gives the moisture somewhere to escape from ...

:thumbs:

Does this work on headlights too? Had mine resealed but they are starting to mist up again :(

Yeah I would think so ...

I used to get it a lot on my FTO before owning the Zed and I remember reading it on the FTO owners club forum ...

It worked a treat on my FTO so shouldn't be any different on the Zed ...

Just be careful that the hole is not visible when looking into the lights... :thumbs: