Annoying squeak

DaddyCee

Hi All.

Just recently noticed that on these bloomin terrible roads in the UK that everytime I go over a bump (nearly all the time now) there is a annoying squeaking that I'm pretty sure is coming from the exterior of the car and not interior.

What would the common culprits be to check initially please?

drop links are doable yourself, worth doing the arb bushes too while your in there for the sake of £20 for them, takes a couple of hours.

Banana arm bushes I would take to a garage. You need a special tool to remove and insert the bush in the arm. Job should take a couple of hours for both sides. ZMANALEX or Horsham both do the parts

• 7 months later...

Old topic I know, but thought I'd post my experience with a particularly loud and annoying squeak coming from somewhere in my dashboard. After months of stuffing bits of foam into various holes around the dash and windscreen, with no success, I happened to notice one day when poking under the bonnet that the battery was slightly loose - and low and behold, as I moved it slightly, a really annoying squeak appeared! Tighten up the bolts, and apply a bit of grease, and low and behold, squeak has gone. Amazing how the noise travels into the cabin - I was sure it was the dash making the noise.

Now if I could only get rid of the rattles...!

May not be the solution for every squeak, but could worth checking out just in case. Hope it helps out someone.