Hard Wiring from Cigarette Lighters

spursmaddave

I have had a search and found loads of threads about people doing this but can't find a guide or at least a run through....

I need to run power from the front AND the rear cigarette lighter sockets so need some advice on what trim bits to remove and how and then how to actually wire it up please.

I like a neat car so trailing wires wind me up :rant: and running my cubby off a 9V battery in my armrest is not really ok is it :blush:

Cheers in advance :thumbs:

What are you powering with the pair of power sockets dave?

You will have to "series" up the sockets if you are using both to power one thing though. :thumbs:

I smell fire...... :lol::lol:

Nothing industrial, front one will power up a navman satnav and the rear one will fire up the cubby motor as the switch is inbetween the heated seat switches :thumbs:

I want some info on what panels / trim to remove, I have removed maybe 75% of the interior at one point or another but not those bits :surrender:

Follow the ECU guide below to get to the front lighter socket, obviously dont go as far as removing the ECU lol. Although when I fitted my nav my friend with very small hands managed to get his hand up behind the panel and pull the wires down and then get them back up when we had finished

http://www.technosquareinc.com/350ZECUremoval.htm

Havent tried to access the rear power socket but this http://forums.nicoclub.com/12v-power-outlet-removal-t516807.html says

"It's better to do with the cabin warm, so things don't start to break. But just pry on the bottom a little and it should pop loose, and the top just hooks into the back of the panel. If you have a plastic pry tool it may be easier, or a screw driver and a rag."

Cheers chaps....

It is actually VERY simple....

squeeze into the passenger side footwell, reach up to where the back of the cigarette lighter is, pop the connector out of the back and it has a red and a black wire.... even I can work out the wiring for that!!!!

Satnav and motorised cubby all hard wired in :thumbs:

At last no cable or batteries :teeth: