Z Club & R35, dealer track day

bronzee

One of the big dealers here hosted a track day for us and the R35's. We had a wee bit of fun. :blush::blush::teeth::teeth::thumbs::yahoo::dance::bounce:

Absolutely fantastic track day event today! Just the Zeds and the R35's blastttttting around the track all afternoon. Steve Millen's took heaps of people out for hot laps in one of the R35's, very cool. :dance: :thumbup:

Yes I did take quite a lot of pics, will post once downloaded over the next few days. Long day, not been back long. Queue violins. :p :P

It's hard work being at the track all day. But someone has to do it. :blush::p:thumbs::p:p:p

Where was our invite? :lol::lol: Sounds like you had a blast :thumbs: Oh, and I bet it was warm and sunny too? :cold:

You'll have to come over and join the Kiwi contingent. :p:lol: No was cold, only about 15 degrees during the day, so Zclub jacket firmly attached to shoulders, it rained most of the way down, dry enough during the day for some of the crew to have full race slicks on their race cars, then about 3.45pm the heavens opened biggggg time!!! Everyone had a good amount of track time by then anyway. Few quickly flicked the grooves back on and went out for some more circuits. :thumbs::drive1

Not long until your summer now though :thumbs: Visiting is on the list, I used to play rugby with a bunch of Maori boys from Rotorua, Taranaki and Mount Maunganui while they were over here, they keep asking when I'm coming over and I really must do it soon. :thumbs:

Where was our invite? :lol::lol: Sounds like you had a blast :thumbs: Oh, and I bet it was warm and sunny too? :cold:

You'll have to come over and join the Kiwi contingent. :p:lol: No was cold, only about 15 degrees during the day, so Zclub jacket firmly attached to shoulders, it rained most of the way down, dry enough during the day for some of the crew to have full race slicks on their race cars, then about 3.45pm the heavens opened biggggg time!!! Everyone had a good amount of track time by then anyway. Few quickly flicked the grooves back on and went out for some more circuits. :thumbs::drive1

Can anyone spot the oddity in this picture????!!!

HamptonDownsZ19Oct2011012.jpg

Being loaded in for hot laps with either Steve (blue) or Matt Millen (grey):

HamptonDownsZ19Oct2011008.jpg

370z being unleased:

HamptonDownsZ19Oct2011016.jpg

160 metres out from corner one. :drive1:

HamptonDownsZ19Oct2011028.jpg

Two kids sculking in the garage waiting for their turn. :dance:

HamptonDownsZ19Oct2011001.jpg

Oh, a link to the picture of the circuit at Hampton Downs.

http://www.hamptondowns.com/pages/65/th ... t.htm#here

Do you have one of these - http://www.hamptondowns.com/pages/37/Se ... Apartments - B)

I wish, and it would be handy, but do have friends with apartments there. Handy. Before the track opened (only been open less than 2 years), apartments sold off the sketches, and have sold 2 or 3 times since, prices only going one way. :headhurt:

Not long until your summer now though :thumbs: Visiting is on the list, I used to play rugby with a bunch of Maori boys from Rotorua, Taranaki and Mount Maunganui while they were over here, they keep asking when I'm coming over and I really must do it soon. :thumbs:

Rotorua smells funny - being a sulpha city - has the coolest Luge, Taranaki is very windy- but quite pretty, Mt Maunganui is stunning or will be again soon if you don't look at the sea.

Worst part about it being cold at the track on Wednesday of course is the tyres take a bit more warming up. Lol, and then Thursday was really hot and clear day. :sweat::sun: Got to love our weather, but at least it didn't stop racing. :drive1

You definitely should. Everyone seems to enjoy their visits over here.

At the end of the day the Formula 5000 went out to play for a bit. For those that don't know what they are, extremely light, about 500kgs, and 540bhp.

I put the dealership parts manager into the 260z race car to passenger around the circuit. Told him the owner would be gentle, (lol, yeah right) as I showed him how to do the harness up. :lol::lol: Owner takes no prisoners. :drive1 I didn't tell him that though, mean ha. ;):p Said parts manager is still talking to me, so must have enjoyed the zap around the circuit in a race car. :clap:

Oh, a link to the picture of the circuit at Hampton Downs.

http://www.hamptondowns.com/pages/65/th ... t.htm#here

Do you have one of these - http://www.hamptondowns.com/pages/37/Se ... Apartments - B)

I wish, and it would be handy, but do have friends with apartments there. Handy. Before the track opened (only been open less than 2 years), apartments sold off the sketches, and have sold 2 or 3 times since, prices only going one way. :headhurt:

They sure look nice B)

And when you say hot laps with Steve - was that Steve Millen - ie founder of Stillen?

Looks like a great day out.

They sure look nice B)

And when you say hot laps with Steve - was that Steve Millen - ie founder of Stillen?

Looks like a great day out.

They're just like most apartments. Just a useful location if you're into motorsport and spend a bit of time at the track. :thumbs:

Yes, the very same. Steve is actually a Kiwi, born and breed, but lived in US for a long time. Steve comes over here a few times a year, so we do our best to align events with him being in NZ. He's here for Targa NZ (major rally) which starts tomorrow/Tuesday. Racing in his modified R35 again this year.

Yup, heard about this event... Steve Millen aka 'Stillen' started his career as a race car driver in New Zealand :thumbs:

As for the odd picture out... Was it a BMW badge on a 240z ? :wacko:

Bingo. You're right. :thumbs:

Lol, I gave the owner of the white 280 race car a really hard time about the badge. He's had that one about 20 years. Lost the bonnet badge, and it was raining so had to quickly find another one that fitted. :scare::scare: