AXE AP41 19in alloys

Mrcofpep

If I buy these wheels what is wrong with spacers?

Have another option now, Hiro wheels. Anybody got these. Look similar to Nismo wheels. :teeth:

Careful with Hiros. They're made by Axis in the States (and are popular on the American Zeds) but a couple of firms knock them out over here, apparently without Axis approval, in offsets which are less than ideal. Dare do them very cheaply but these Axe ones seem as expensive as importing from Axis yourself. Unless you're in love with them (and they do look sweet IMHO) I'd spend that sort of money on something else that fits properly. :)

I believe thats what they do. Never used or seen them. Anyone else used spacers?

As you can see on the pics of my car, i have spacers fitted on my Rays. It basically offsets the wheels more to the outside of the car, you have them in different thickness according to what you want.

eibach_prospacer.jpg

Disadvantage is that by doing this you actually increase the "lever" between the wheel road contact surface and the mounting hub, thereby increasing wear on the wheel bearings. I ll see how long these last, but i havent heard from any people having problems with it dough :p

Lomoto did you buy Ruff Racing wheels from states? IF so di you have to pay customs + VAT?

Thinking of buying them :teeth:

Like Sarnie said I got them of an Ebay seller..Who did give discounts to members of this site.. I think unfortunately he is no longer trading. :blush:

Lomoto did you buy Ruff Racing wheels from states? IF so di you have to pay customs + VAT?

Like Sarnie said I got them of an Ebay seller..Who did give discounts to members of this site.. I think unfortunately he is no longer trading. :blush:

TBH after having tried to deal with him I'm not entirely surprised. :dry:

Even if you pay duty etc on Ruff wheels from the States they'll still work out pretty cheap. :)

Even if you pay duty etc on Ruff wheels from the States they'll still work out pretty cheap. :)

Digsy I know you had no joy with him , but he gave me exemplary service :thumbs: I think he's up'd sticks and emigrated to Thailand as far as I know :)

Mind you Digs you struggle with every wheel seller you've ever tried :headhurt: Have you the latest purchase yet ?

Digsy I know you had no joy with him , but he gave me exemplary service :thumbs: I think he's up'd sticks and emigrated to Thailand as far as I know :)

Mind you Digs you struggle with every wheel seller you've ever tried :headhurt: Have you the latest purchase yet ?

Don't get me wrong, nice guy but I would be surprised if he could find Thailand. :wacko:

As for the latest attempt I was told on Tuesday that they would arrive in about 2 weeks, the (Japanese) manufacturer had confirmed that the sizes and offsets will be fine for the Zed and I've got someone on standby ready to fit a set of Falkens when they land. I don't think I can do anymore so if everything f@cks up this time I'm giving it up! :teeth:

HOW?????????????? nice wheels, wanted to get them myself! B)

Rays mucked up the order to the supplier and sent a +34 offset on the rears. These are now a discontinued design and although Rays offered to make me some more it would have taken months.