problem with dash lights

P15UL T

i have done a search but couldnt get anything specific to come up

started the car up yesterday and noticed that i have 3 lights that are staying on - the ABS light, ESP and the light with the car skidding ( thats my favorute one)

i have no idea what would cause these to come on ??

i have tried to turn the ESP off using the button but no joy :rant:

im hopfull it is just a sensor that need reset and if anyone has any info i would much appreciate it.

cheers in advance :thumbs:

I had something similar happen when I first had my car, I disconnected battery for about 30secs then reconnected been OK ever since :thumbs: Worth a try... just remember to lower both windows when you do the disconnect thing though :)
You should also be aware that you will lose any settings you've made with the radio.

Hi.

I am having exactly the same problem, too, sometimes happens when i am driving, but more if accelerate hard or brake hard.

Since my pads have come to the limit, i was thinking it maybe because of this, hopefully i should be changing my pads next week.

The only way mine dissapears is when i turn the car off and back on, then its ok...

strange...

started the car up yesterday and noticed that i have 3 lights that are staying on - the ABS light, ESP and the light with the car skidding ( thats my favorute one)

im hopfull it is just a sensor that need reset and if anyone has any info i would much appreciate it.

Hi.

I am having exactly the same problem, too, sometimes happens when i am driving, but more if accelerate hard or brake hard.

Since my pads have come to the limit, i was thinking it maybe because of this, hopefully i should be changing my pads next week.

The only way mine dissapears is when i turn the car off and back on, then its ok...

strange...

Try topping up your brake fluid, even if it looks like it doesn't need it :thumbs:

ok.....maybe i am not doing this correctly.

i disconnected the battery at both ends whilst having the windows down fully, nothing happened, i kinda expected the alarm to start sounding or the central locking to close or something....

i connected it back up and the lights are still on :rant:

i checked the brake fluid and it is on the max line :dry:

i checked the traction control and the abs and both are not working.

i even tried to push the esp button even though the dash light is on all the time and it didnt make a difference ??

i just think it is strage for these things to go wrong when the car was just being driven normally ?

any more ideas are welcomed before i have to make the dreaded trip to the stealers :scare:

cheers Paul

• 1 month later...

Cool, I had hoped that might be a reason. My discs and pads are due to be replaced asap however I couldn't get the damn caliper bolts undone when I tried to do it last weekend. :surrender:

A new 2ft long breaker bar and a 22mm impact socket ought to do the trick! :teeth:

lol good luck mate.. changing the pads was easy, although i didnt take the metal bits off the oem pads, well i couldnt get them off. so not sure if that was the sensor bit or not!! :blush:

looking to get some decent discs too in the future, let me know how you get on with the discs.

sorry i ment to reply to this post weeks ago...the fault was down to a nackered wheel bearing and the result of running on that for two long was the abs sensor got broke too....a very costly mistake££££ got it all fixed now and the lights are all gone :blush: and i finally have traction control and abs again :yahoo:

Just disconnected the battery and topped up the brake fluid and that seems to have fixed the problem. :thumbs:

Since doing this, I've noticed that my car now seems to drop revs more quickly after reving the engine. Perhaps some faults on the ecu have been cleared, although I wouldn't have expected any to be on there in the first place?!