US VISA and Speeding Ban?

t3dcf

I need your help guys.

I potentially have a driving ban coming along.....I was caught doing 104 on a road in Wales. After receiving the NIP, and after many conversations with several solicitors I sent it back saying I was driving! I could have gone down the failure to supply line, but was worried that something would go wrong and make it worse!?

However I would expect a ban (there are mitigating circumstances, but they are not important now) my questions is.....Im due to go to the USA at the end of the year, if i do get a ban - would i have to apply for a VISA or would I get in under the visa waver scheme?

Im not sure if anyone would know - but help would be appreciated?

Regards

David :scare:

The Visa waiver is what you would do, just fill in the green form on the plane (don't forget the white customs one too).

You should be fine, there's nothing on there about driving either - just are you gay / a communist etc :lol:

I was caught speeding in Illinois last year (95 in a 55) and the funny thing was, just before I was pulled I'd said to the lads in the car "Don't worry about the speed, this landscape is so flat I could see a squad car for miles..."

NEE NAW NEE NAW

DOH!

Yes - I have a full British Passport!

So am i correct in assuming from your replies that a speeding ban is not seen as a criminal conviction? Would i not have a criminal record for it?

The US embassy website - says that speeding does not count if you paid a fine through the post? - As i may have to go to court for it -does that not exclude me from waiver?

Unlucky about being caught - what did you get for that?

Even on flat areas - they find somewhere to hide!!!! :rant:

So am i correct in assuming from your replies that a speeding ban is not seen as a criminal conviction? Would i not have a criminal record for it?

The US embassy website - says that speeding does not count if you paid a fine through the post? - As i may have to go to court for it -does that not exclude me from waiver?

Driving offences are not classified as criminal offences. :)

Driving offences are not classified as criminal offences. :)

What the man said.

Unless you were done for speeding while driving to Mecca with a communist.

Thanks for the help - I have spoken to the US embassy on the phone today and they were most unhelpful!! For the £1.20 per minute it cost, all the lady on the phone was able to do was recite the website!! not useful!!

Im going to speak to the local police to see if they can help - its not gonna stop me going, but i just need to be sure im not going to running the risk of being turned around on landing!! The holiday is going to cost too much money!!

My ex bird had an issue with goung there last summer after a drink driving ban. They were asking loads and loads of questions. She was ok to go though. It was to work with (Fat) kids for summer though so it may just have been due to it being a criminal conviction. lol

Lew

My ex bird had an issue with goung there last summer after a drink driving ban. They were asking loads and loads of questions. She was ok to go though. It was to work with (Fat) kids for summer though so it may just have been due to it being a criminal conviction. lol

Lew

Drink-driving is different league though.