peeved

4RE Leather

Hi. I just bought a Nismo carbon Spoiler and it turned up in the box with every single one on the 8 pieces of tape holding the box sliced open. And just for good measure one of the wings was poking through a whole in the corner. It took the laquer off a bit but I can touch that in. I got it from a nissan Z owner off ebay and it shows no signs of ever being on a car. so I presume it must be new. So it was a shock that in the short distance from Chatham to Morden this kind of damage could occure. Excuse spelling but I am to angry to care.

Does anyone know if there should be a fixing kit or template please as inevertably apart from the spoiler the box was empty?

In addition would anyone know who is the man for fitting these on please?

Or any member living within a decent distance want to earn some dosh. Hope it fits in the car to transport it! Or on it for that matter!!

Regards

Peter

I don't think at £14 it was insured and I only paid £180 half price. and it is the Seban one advertised on the traders And To be honest it would be less stress to smash it up and bin it than return it.

The damage is miniscuel and the sender is stressed as his Misses has had a baby. Just annoyed about the nuts.

Hence the best thing is for some one to message me and say. I can put that one for you! Lol

Peter

To be honest, ive learnt you cant trust any postal service. Its amazing how they damage stuff and the amount of stuff which goes missing. As an ebay seller im paranoid about damage so end up mega over killing the packaging, so usually end up paying more than ive quoted the buyer. But at least the item arrives safely.

The bottom line is I need a fixing kit and with over a thousand nuts bolts and stuff not one is the right thread.

It is identical to the seban one advertised on here RS0205NS350-NS but thus far they have not emailed me back even if it's to say get lost so as I can move on. Poncing about on a puter is no fun when you can't get answers. And I find the worst are online traders who only respond if there is something in it for them. With the exeption of the traders I have dealt with on here B)

Someone somewhere on here of the other 350z site must be able to respond with a yep I can sort that for you.

I could try taking a bolt/screw from the OEM one that's on the car and see if that fits.

But what i really want is my initial question answered. is there anyone who can put it on for me living within a decent range from

Morden.

:snack::bang::bangin::bang::bangin::bangin::bang::bangin:

The bottom line is I need a fixing kit and with over a thousand nuts bolts and stuff not one is the right thread.

What I tend to do is to try any old nuts or bolts I have in my shed until I find one which fits. Then I can nip down my local hardware store and buy the size I want.

Can Nissan themselves help if its a Nismo spoiler? I expect their prices for the bolts or nuts will be well over the odds, but at least they might be able to shed some light on the correct sizes.?

Hi mate, sent you a pm regarding someone who will be able to fit it for you.

It is identical to the seban one advertised on here RS0205NS350-NS but thus far they have not emailed me back even if it's to say get lost so as I can move on. Poncing about on a puter is no fun when you can't get answers. And I find the worst are online traders who only respond if there is something in it for them. With the exeption of the traders I have dealt with on here B)

Someone somewhere on here of the other 350z site must be able to respond with a yep I can sort that for you.

I could try taking a bolt/screw from the OEM one that's on the car and see if that fits.

But what i really want is my initial question answered. is there anyone who can put it on for me living within a decent range from

Morden.

:snack::bang::bangin::bang::bangin::bangin::bang::bangin:

Morden.

These guys at Chiwick might be able to sort you out - quite a few members have had work done there and very pleased:

viewtopic.php?f=165&t=48460

Ask for Taras - owner of the wrapped white and orange 350 you see in the link ;)

Thanks to the guys who suggest Chiswick I will ring them tomorrow thanks.

I have found a counter sunk bolt that has a slot in it for a screwdriver. It fits so I can at least go

down the shop and get the bolts. Can anyone give a guestimate as to length please?

It would save me taking the trim off my tailgate to get at the OEM one?

Thanks Guys. I love this site. Better that the TV anytime. more expensive but hey. You can't take it with you!!

Peter :lol:

Ok guys. We can end this nowas it's sorted.

It came from seban. I contacted the US -UK supplier who said they do not have a template or fixings.

The trader on here just puts bolts and washers in b4 he sends them on.

TARAS at PR Performance Brentford is fixing it but don't go on his site unless you have some spare dosh.

I was amazed at the quality of their work so I am having some extra's done.

Thanks to all for their advice and help and you have been great as usuall.

Everything is slotting into place and SC is on order:)

I will recomend autoshades of Sutton if anyone wants a decent window Tint.

Tints with a silver car is a must. I vurtually rang up and drove down and it was done 1 hour later!

In fact I was so manic today that i did the unthinkable. I was parked up in Asda by a brick wall.

Started the engine in the usual manor and forgot the golden rule. Check it was in neutral.

I am so lucky that I got away with a small graze on the lower lip of the car:)

Peter

How much were the tints if you dont mind me asking?

And I agree, Taras is good at convincing you for the extras :lol: but trust me it is worth it! :thumbs:

Ok guys. We can end this nowas it's sorted.

It came from seban. I contacted the US -UK supplier who said they do not have a template or fixings.

The trader on here just puts bolts and washers in b4 he sends them on.

TARAS at PR Performance Brentford is fixing it but don't go on his site unless you have some spare dosh.

I was amazed at the quality of their work so I am having some extra's done.

Thanks to all for their advice and help and you have been great as usuall.

Everything is slotting into place and SC is on order:)

I will recomend autoshades of Sutton if anyone wants a decent window Tint.

Tints with a silver car is a must. I vurtually rang up and drove down and it was done 1 hour later!

In fact I was so manic today that i did the unthinkable. I was parked up in Asda by a brick wall.

Started the engine in the usual manor and forgot the golden rule. Check it was in neutral.

I am so lucky that I got away with a small graze on the lower lip of the car:)

Peter

£220 and well worth it. I was put on to him by a mate who had his ferrari done.

Jonathan has a website just give him a ring. He has a white Audi with tints and I asked him to do mine the same.

I am extreamly pleased as he is a proffesional and gives a written guarantee.

yes you might get them cheaper or buy the film yourself, but I learnt the same way as most on here.

Get it done properly the 1st time:)

Peter

:bangin:

Yippee something has gone right for once.

I went to straighten out the bubblewrapp to cover the spoiler in prior to taking it to Taras when I felt some small lumps.

Stuck to a great big dollop of sticking tape was all the bolts and washers. The bag had split but the tape saved them:)

Every single one accounted for.

And to think I was going to lob it and get some more!

Thenoname

:snack:

Taras spent hrs on it and in the end it was a bum steer.

It came out of the mold distorted and 7mm difference from one end to the next.

So we decided not to fit it but Carbon wrapp the OEM one instead. Umm plus the wing mirrors/Door handles and pillers.

And black matted the front and rear badges.

So I did come away feeling a lot better:)

Not so much for the weekend.

I went to change the gear boot and after fiddling about for ages wondering why it would not fit I took the panel indoors

where I had more room. Then I found out what the problem was.

There is a distinct difference in the holes and i am guessing that this might be because in the pictures on redline's site they show a metal collar.

Mine has a plastic one, so maybe they changed the boot mount on the 2006-2009 as well?

Then I could not remember if the bulge bit faced the back of the car of front and I really lost the plot.

In the panel whilst in my house, it sat great and looked the dogs.

But when fitting I lost it big time and had to walk away.

Bottom line is I took the Nissmo gear lever off and put the OEM back on because l need to cut about 1" off the leather to give it that height instead of the puckered up look that it had with the Nissmo, about 6 hrs poncing about in all.

The morral of the story is:- Make sure that if you buy one, you mention that the holes are different on a 2005 onwards, otherwise you might end up in a mental Hospital!