Considering selling up...

marzman

I can't help but think that the body mods on your zed really narrow it's market for selling and as such I think you will be waiting a long while for someone to come along and pay top dollar for a car built to such individual taste....like you say, i think 7k is the right money but fingers crossed you can pinch a bit more off the right person.

The body mods are a "nismo v1 bodykit"... one of the most desired and natural looking kits for the 350z mate. Its not that the market is narrow for selling it, I think the complete opposite. The problem lies where the owner appreciates the time and effort in this car and wants more than market value for it. If the price was right that car would sell in minutes as its an absolute stunner.

PS theres something bizarre about the front bumper for being a factory fit though.. The headlight washers look weird. Just noticed a few minutes ago. Sorry lol

I'm not knocking the car, just my opinion that any bodykit or exteria modifications regardless of how desireable it may be considered within the owners club community narrows it's market of appeal therefore potentially increasing the time it takes to sell.

I would whole heartedly disagree with that, in this instance. The Nismo V1 kit is the most desired kit, especially as it was a factory option at £2,500.

There have been dozens and dozen of people actively seeking zeds with the Nismo V1 kit already fitted.

I would agree with you about any other bodykit however.

I can't help but think that the body mods on your zed really narrow it's market for selling and as such I think you will be waiting a long while for someone to come along and pay top dollar for a car built to such individual taste....like you say, i think 7k is the right money but fingers crossed you can pinch a bit more off the right person.

The body mods are a "nismo v1 bodykit"... one of the most desired and natural looking kits for the 350z mate. Its not that the market is narrow for selling it, I think the complete opposite. The problem lies where the owner appreciates the time and effort in this car and wants more than market value for it. If the price was right that car would sell in minutes as its an absolute stunner.

PS theres something bizarre about the front bumper for being a factory fit though.. The headlight washers look weird. Just noticed a few minutes ago. Sorry lol

I'm not knocking the car, just my opinion that any bodykit or exteria modifications regardless of how desireable it may be considered within the owners club community narrows it's market of appeal therefore potentially increasing the time it takes to sell.

I would whole heartedly disagree with that, in this instance. The Nismo V1 kit is the most desired kit, especially as it was a factory option at £2,500.

There have been dozens and dozen of people actively seeking zeds with the Nismo V1 kit already fitted.

I would agree with you about any other bodykit however.

+1

Depreciation is a b!tch. When cars of this calibre are deemed worth so little it is criminal.

I just hope it doesn't get to the stage where a fully loaded zed drops in price to the extent where the buyer in effect pays full price for it's Volks and bodykit and gets the Zed for free :scare:

Whatever your decision Chris, I hope you get your "MOTORING MOJO" back.

Having seen and admired your car Marzman I'm pretty sure that somewhere near what you want for it is possible should you decide to sell it. It's just a matter of waiting to find the right person. With purchase, wheels, paint, exhaust etc etc mine now stands me at what you want for yours! :lol: Had I not already got a zed, yours is certainly one i would consider and would be prepared to pay that bit extra for.

So, if you decide to sell, hold out for what it's really worth!

Cheers Leon... when are we going to see some pictures of your zed... im intrigued :D

Depreciation is a b!tch. When cars of this calibre are deemed worth so little it is criminal.

I just hope it doesn't get to the stage where a fully loaded zed drops in price to the extent where the buyer in effect pays full price for it's Volks and bodykit and gets the Zed for free :scare:

Whatever your decision Chris, I hope you get your "MOTORING MOJO" back.

Cheers Andy... your comments are so true... the fact that zeds are worth so little is crazy.

And to this end, i've been thinking further still... i might keep it after all :lol:

...Maybe just having a car in general is just a cost of life that i shouldnt be trying to cut out. I've been looking for acceptable alternative cars that i'd be willing to drive instead, and they're not that cheap. I'd narrowed it down to either an 03 Mercedes C-Class / E-Class, or a 2007 Lexus IS220d, but i'm looking at about £6-7k for either of those... so for only saving a max of £3k off the value of my zed it's just not worth the trouble...

So as of today im keeping my zed :D

...but i may change my mind again tomorrow :ninja:

When the weather isnt great and its cold Im not a great fan of the zed as id rather be in an eaiser to drive quieter car and then I think meh its not that good. But then one day its warm and il take it out for a quick drive and its awesome I fall back in love with it.