questions and queries for a newbie

cjquicksilver

alright guys having a look over the forum and lots of excellent information available, i have a few 'newbie' questions though,

my 350z is the 03 jdm

i was looking for some info on the best for reasonable money;

induction kit

exhaust ( problems with de catting at all? are the systems awkward to fit? is it best to go to single outlet)

what sort of offset is best for the car? im guessing the pcd is 5x114.3 as per most jap cars, im wanting to get some stanced wheels, rota gtr-d etc with big dish on rear and not so much on the front, wats the max offset front and rear without arch work?

what are the standard speaker sizes in the car?

all info appreciated! many thanks

cj :thumbs:

:welcome:

There is a beginners FAQ on the site, along with a good guides section - use the search in the top right corner, all your questions have been discussed before, have a search and you will find plenty of good chatter about it :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

after a while routing around the website gaining knowledge of the car, (hard to determine the model though, ive found, i think i have the base model and some ones changed to 18" alloys as i dont have brembos?)

any how i have a couple of questions i cant seem to find the answer too,

below the steering wheel on the right, theres a what looks like a card type slot with eject button on it? whats the for?

also theres a 'snow' button on the back bit of the center console which seems to make the power more lazy (understandable in snow i suppose) but what does the forward setting do? 'att' or somthing?

also there is a little box (looks as though its not from factory) on the side pannel of the dash, were the side of your left leg will come into contact with, it has a little button on it? any ideas what thats for?

and does the car have traction control, as when the car looses traction it kills the power, which i think is more dangerous as you go to counter steer but then the car wont follow suit?

look forward to the reply

many thanks

CJ

Card slot is for bridges and toll in Japan I think.

I take it yours is auto? Back is snow good for thong btw. Forward is power.

If it's cutting power it does have traction control. Either switch it off or drive slower/smoother :thumbs:

Don't know what the button is on the left leg. I know some came with cushioned pads.

The card reader says ETC on it - I think that's the automatic toll system - mine had a box stuck on the dash in the centre which the importer removed (really scruffily)

Anyway - it won't do anything (either good or bad) so you can leave it or remove it as you like (I think)

Don't know about the other stuff - but

:welcome::welcome: I hope you enjoy your Zedding as much as I have (and still do)