ENGINE NOISE

FLATSPOT

Welcome to the forum. :thumbs:

Checked your oil and pressure? :shrug:

Year of car would help, but I would suspect its the oil getting to the top of the engine is slow and you are hearing the tappets rattle around until the oil pressure it sufficient to stop the making a noise.

Check your oil and change it if you haven't already done so.

Are you burning oil?

wonder if your using high octaine fuel this could make a big difference i had this with my other car using normal fuel sounded terrible but now i use high octaine in both my 350Z and my other car worked for me hope this helps oh also welcome and enjoy your motor :D

Probably not of specific help but when I first got my Z it took a little while to get used to the various noises; it's quite a 'raw' car which I like and you can hear the mechanicals (clutch/gearbox etc) far more than in other cars I've had.

Are you sure it is the engine you are hearing?

Could just be your gearbox clunking... as they do. Do you get "awful" sounds when you select first/reverse from cold and raise the clutch, move 10 yards or so?

It's the release bearing...

THAT is a normal sound for the Zed B)

I got a loud clunking on some of my gear changes but had a member off here try the car and confirm its just a normal 'feature' of the car. If you are worried still run the car over to the likes of Abbey/RS etc who can confirm what it is. Otherwise head along to one of the meets and you can listen try out other Zeds for comparison - and welcome you made a good purchase :thumbs: