Car going in for service tomorrow

Mega

Well,

After having realised my airbox has no air filter in it!!! Whilst investigating possible upgrade paths; I've decided that I just can't risk trusting the work done by a very famous dealer based in Four Marks Hampshire.

As such the zed is in for a service tomorrow at WLMG Eastcote. 229 for an annual service. Including not replacing an air filter but fitting one.

Anything I should be aware of?

Oh god coming from the 3 series and with the zed, getting into a bloody micra or even worse possibly a pixo is NOT filling me with joy...

And on a side note. I mean FFS, what kind of monkey will hapilly shift a car without a fecking air filter. I drove home 90 miles of motorway and did the commute to work before by absolute chance, deciding to check it out.

Joe Public could well have put 9k on their car like this (Or much likely less when the engine is done inhaling bugs and grit and just grinds to a hault.)

F*cking weak.

On WLMG Eastcote; almost bought a car from them and it had a few niggles which i detailed and asked if they would sort out, and the technician i spoke to hadn't got a clue what he was talking about when it came to Zed stuff so i walked away. I then took my car to them (stupidly) to sort out the common window fault and after taking it apart twice and replacing a load of irrelevant stuff for me, they told me i needed a whole new mechanism and that would be £600 on top of the couple of hundred I already owed them. i looked up the problem on here, got the part off alex for half the price and fixed it myself in an hour. they also failed to spot on their free 'health check' that my NSF brake disc is warped and worn (which i already knew), and it's really obvious (even to me) without even getting the car in the air. So needless to say i'm not going anywhere near them again, and i can't recommend you do either.

DB

Why did you randomly decide to check you had the filter in? :scare:

Not something you do on a regular basis... well caught! :thumbs:

Hard to explain properly... but the box was slightly ajar? The right clip wasn't attached, which seemed strange.

Popped the left one and could then see clear to the bottom of the airbox!

It was the FIO that pointed at it first.

On WLMG Eastcote; almost bought a car from them and it had a few niggles which i detailed and asked if they would sort out, and the technician i spoke to hadn't got a clue what he was talking about when it came to Zed stuff so i walked away. I then took my car to them (stupidly) to sort out the common window fault and after taking it apart twice and replacing a load of irrelevant stuff for me, they told me i needed a whole new mechanism and that would be £600 on top of the couple of hundred I already owed them. i looked up the problem on here, got the part off alex for half the price and fixed it myself in an hour. they also failed to spot on their free 'health check' that my NSF brake disc is warped and worn (which i already knew), and it's really obvious (even to me) without even getting the car in the air. So needless to say i'm not going anywhere near them again, and i can't recommend you do either.

DB

Way to sh*t on my parade!!! :scare: Good thing they aren't troubleshooting then; just a normal service. Here's hoping they don't **** anything up.

DB

Way to sh*t on my parade!!! :scare: Good thing they aren't troubleshooting then; just a normal service. Here's hoping they don't **** anything up.

Yea, sorry about that. TBH there's not much to screw up with a service, i'd just take any advisories they give you with a pinch of salt and ask around on here before you cough up.

DB