A painful farewell

Lapz

Well after two and half years of very happy ownership I finally parted with my Zed this evening. Given the combined household petrol bill had been sat at £700 a month for the last year I thought letting her go would be easy (not least as I landed a really tidy Golf GT TDI 150 to replace) alas having held it together watching someone else drive it away was horrible. Sent it on its way asking that the new owner please don't wrap her round a tree and now she's gone. From chatting to the guy for best part of an hour I have no doubt has gone to a good home which makes me feel slightly better.

Anway for you stat boys n girls who track such things in the market, was a 56 plate Black GT with 64k on the clock and went for bang on £9k.

Whilst I may not unfortunately have got round to getting to meets which was definitely my plan when first bought just want to thank those who put a lot of time and effort into making this site such a good resource, was much appreciated. Also special thanks to ZMANALEX who bailed me out of a potentially nasty dealer bill not so long back.

Laterz folks

Its a very sad day indeed when you sell a car. Still you have a great car to replace it with, the Golf TDI150 is cracking.

I actually had the same situation but the other way around when I got my zed, I sold my Golf TD GTI115 after 4 years of ownership. Its funny as over that time you build up a relationship with the car and go through a lot together. I had done 90k miles in it, serviced it 9 times myself, replaced 2 sets of brake pads / discs, the lower wishbones, 2 sets of suspension, clutch pedal, indicator relay, brake switch, temp sender, exhaust, 3 sets of tyres and a few other bits. I did all the spanner work myself so I really get to know the car inside out.

Id got through 3 different girlfriends in the same time as id owned the car! So, it was a sad day when I watched the new owner drive it away.

Only consolation I had was I was replacing it with the zed. :)